Moana (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Mar 7, 2014
Tatooine
Release date: April 3, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Note: Will include title on the spine

11378682-5664457368347810.jpg

11378682-1734457368395069.jpg 11378682-2124457368095384.jpg 11378682-1834458449459097.jpg
Older mock-up
moana1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
you realise most Disney's have no title on the front....they are often WWA with no title...

plus there is no need to a title on the front. Spine sure, makes sense, but the front should only be pure artwork/image
for those that display the steels front on, most images are good enough to tell you what movie it is anyway.

*no titles on the spine*

Actually the majority of the Disney steels have titles on the front (and spine)

It's only new releases that don't usually get front titles bar big hero 6 (which also had a spine title and maleificent for the live action steels) again catalogue titles on all paths (Marvel/Pixar/Disney/ live action) get titles. Just new releases don't give or take a few.

Good news is apparently this and dr strange get spine titles (apparently)

• Thanks
Reactions: Robsonmonkey

It's only new releases that don't usually get front titles bar big hero 6 (which also had a spine title and maleificent for the live action steels) again catalogue titles on all paths (Marvel/Pixar/Disney/ live action) get titles. Just new releases don't give or take a few.

You saved me saying it

Majority of their steelbooks have titles

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
^^ Yes, if we're just talking about DISNEY CLASSICS with numbered spine j-cards (with MAONA at # 55 in the collection) then out of the 36 of the 55 in the collection released so far in steelbooks ALL BUT 2 have titles on the spines.
Regarding the DISNEY PIXAR steelbooks - 13 of the 17 titles released to date have spine titles.

DISNEY CLASSICS

SPINE TITLES YES NO
Classic Numbers
. Snow White - YES
2. Pinocchio - YES
3. Fantasia - YES
4. Dumbo - YES
5. Bambi - YES
6. Saludos Amigos
7. Three Caballeros
8. Make Mine Music
9. Fun and Fancy Free
10. Melody Time
11. Ichabod and Toad
12. Cinderella - YES
13. Alice in Wonderland - YES
14. Peter Pan - YES
15. Lady and the Tramp - YES
16. Sleeping Beauty - YES
17. 101 Dalmatians - YES
18. Sword in the Stone - YES
19. The Jungle Book - YES
20. The Aristocats - YES
21. Robin Hood - YES
22. The Many Adventures Winnie the Pooh
23. The Rescuers - YES
24. Fox and Hound - YES
25. Black Cauldron
26. Basil the Great Mouse Detective
27. Oliver and Company
28. The Little Mermaid - YES
29. Rescuers Down Under
30. Beauty and the Beast - YES
31. Aladdin - YES
32. The Lion King - YES
33. Pocahontas - YES
34. Hunchback of Notre Dame - YES
35. Hercules - YES
36. Mulan - YES
37. Tarzan - YES
38. Fantasia 2000
39. The Emperors New Groove - YES
40. Atlantis
41. Lilo Stitch
42. Treasure Planet - YES
43. Brother Bear - YES
44. Home on the Range
45. Chicken Little
46. The Wild
47. Meet the Robinsons
48. Bolt
49. Princess and the Frog - YES
50. Tangled - YES
51. Wreck it Ralph - YES
52. Frozen - NO
53. Big Hero 6 - YES
54. Zootropolis - NO
55. Moana - YES (reportedly)

DISNEY PIXAR
Finding Nemo - YES

Toy Story - YES
Toy Story 2 - YES
Toy Story 3 - YES
Brave - YES
Up - YES
Monsters University - NO
Monsters, Inc - YES
Cars - YES
Cars 2 - YES
Bug's Life - YES
The Incredibles - YES
Ratatouille - YES
Wall.E - YES
Inside Out - NO
The Good Dinosaur - NO
Finding Dory - NO

having sourced most of my Disney steel's elsehwere, I was under the impression that most Disney titles were on the j-card's (discounting the earlier ones of Jungle Book, Aladdin, Lady and the tramp.
Then there are all the Marvel ones that certainly DONT have titles on the front(still disney) so counting ALL Disney, its far from the majority having titles, maybe more even a split(there are about 10-15 I dont have from zavvi out of the classic range)

Still, many dont and so you dont have a matching set anyway. Never will (and art only on the front is way better than art being ruined with a title)
Am all for adding the title to the spine but not the front.

^^ Yes, if we're just talking about DISNEY CLASSICS with numbered spine j-cards (with MAONA at # 55 in the collection) then out of the 36 of the 55 in the collection released so far in steelbooks ALL BUT 2 have titles on the spines.
Regarding the DISNEY PIXAR steelbooks - 13 of the 17 titles released to date have spine titles.

DISNEY CLASSICS

SPINE TITLES YES NO
Classic Numbers
. Snow White - YES
2. Pinocchio - YES
3. Fantasia - YES
4. Dumbo - YES
5. Bambi - YES
6. Saludos Amigos
7. Three Caballeros
8. Make Mine Music
9. Fun and Fancy Free
10. Melody Time
11. Ichabod and Toad
12. Cinderella - YES
13. Alice in Wonderland - YES
14. Peter Pan - YES
15. Lady and the Tramp - YES
16. Sleeping Beauty - YES
17. 101 Dalmatians - YES
18. Sword in the Stone - YES
19. The Jungle Book - YES
20. The Aristocats - YES
21. Robin Hood - YES
22. The Many Adventures Winnie the Pooh
23. The Rescuers - YES
24. Fox and Hound - YES
25. Black Cauldron
26. Basil the Great Mouse Detective
27. Oliver and Company
28. The Little Mermaid - YES
29. Rescuers Down Under
30. Beauty and the Beast - YES
31. Aladdin - YES
32. The Lion King - YES
33. Pocahontas - YES
34. Hunchback of Notre Dame - YES
35. Hercules - YES
36. Mulan - YES
37. Tarzan - YES
38. Fantasia 2000
39. The Emperors New Groove - YES
40. Atlantis
41. Lilo Stitch
42. Treasure Planet - YES
43. Brother Bear - YES
44. Home on the Range
45. Chicken Little
46. The Wild
47. Meet the Robinsons
48. Bolt
49. Princess and the Frog - YES
50. Tangled - YES
51. Wreck it Ralph - YES
52. Frozen - NO
53. Big Hero 6 - YES
54. Zootropolis - NO
55. Moana - YES (reportedly)

DISNEY PIXAR
Finding Nemo - YES

Toy Story - YES
Toy Story 2 - YES
Toy Story 3 - YES
Brave - YES
Up - YES
Monsters University - NO
Monsters, Inc - YES
Cars - YES
Cars 2 - YES
Bug's Life - YES
The Incredibles - YES
Ratatouille - YES
Wall.E - YES
Inside Out - NO
The Good Dinosaur - NO
Finding Dory - NO
what about titles on the front? thats what am again.
Titles anywhere else, sure fine, just not on the front of the steel as artwork only almost ALWAYS looks better(only exception being Wolf of Wall Street as title's all thats there).

a few on that list had title-less fronts...and what about the other Disneys? Mary Poppins, Oz, Alice, Marvel movies....etc

I don't know why there is a debate about this. The basic rule of thumb is if it is a catalogue release it will most likely have a title, if it is a new release then it will most likely not have a title.

having sourced most of my Disney steel's elsehwere, I was under the impression that most Disney titles were on the j-card's (discounting the earlier ones of Jungle Book, Aladdin, Lady and the tramp.
Then there are all the Marvel ones that certainly DONT have titles on the front(still disney) so counting ALL Disney, its far from the majority having titles, maybe more even a split(there are about 10-15 I dont have from zavvi out of the classic range)

Still, many dont and so you dont have a matching set anyway. Never will (and art only on the front is way better than art being ruined with a title)
Am all for adding the title to the spine but not the front.

The zavvi titleless marvel started with iron man 3 and before that Hmv avengers but the iron man 1& 2, hulk horizontal, Thor and cap from play and Hmv have titles (spine and front) but then although zavvi have released titleless marvel WWA from iron man 3 onwards (spine and front) they have also re released all marvels with titles front and spine WEA art (lenti wave)

Also

Titles anywhere else, sure fine, just not on the front of the steel as artwork only almost ALWAYS looks better(only exception being Wolf of Wall Street as title's all thats there).

a few on that list had title-less fronts...and what about the other Disneys? Mary Poppins, Oz, Alice, Marvel movies....etc

All those yes' that Virkia had mentioned also have front titles!
So I'm not sure what your on about because far more have titles on the front and spine compared to those that don't. Much more

All Virkia missed was the marvels and the one Star Wars (force awakens) but like I said the first 5 uk marvel MCU steels have titles and then then the 7 after don't but zavvi rereleased them all with titles

And now zavvi are re releasing frozen with a spine and front title and imagine will also do monsters uni and inside out st some point

Last edited:

Dude, you're asking for ALL Disney U.K. steelbooks with spine and / or front titles . . . from Marvel, Star Wars and other live action . . . ?
I thought this being the MOANA thread that you were referring to the Classics (MOANA at #55) and maybe, just maybe, the Pixar animations.
Anyway, TBH can't be bothered to glance along my shelves and make a note of every single Disney steelbook with or without a spine title / with or without a front title . . . maybe a job for someone with more patience (lol).

Dude, you're asking for ALL Disney U.K. steelbooks with spine and / or front titles . . . from Marvel, Star Wars and other live action . . . ?
I thought this being the MOANA thread that you were referring to the Classics (MOANA at #55) and maybe, just maybe, the Pixar animations.
Anyway, TBH can't be bothered to glance along my shelves and make a note of every single Disney steelbook with or without a spine title / with or without a front title . . . maybe a job for someone with more patience (lol).

You got it all right anyway. Everything you have as a yes has a spine and front title, I've already explained what marvels have titles (MCU steels)

And then the live actions that have spine and front titles are everything except Lone Ranger, Cinderella, jungle book, through the looking glass and Petes dragon

Reactions: robbodoc
sad to see that there's almost zero talk about excitement based on the actual movie itself. it was such a great disney movie i went to see it twice in theatres. hands down my favorite recent disney. however i'll likely pass on this for the premium lenti's from blufans and kimchi. i can't wait for them to be announced!

Reactions: AnubisNefer
sad to see that there's almost zero talk about excitement based on the actual movie itself. it was such a great disney movie i went to see it twice in theatres. hands down my favorite recent disney. however i'll likely pass on this for the premium lenti's from blufans and kimchi. i can't wait for them to be announced!

It us sad indeed as it is a superb Disney movie. Thanks to having a Cineworld unlimited pass have been three times. Still won't beat my favourite BATB but up there with it. I have resisted the premium editions but that may change with Moana. I have picked up the soundtrack on CD and The Art of Moana book both of which I would recommend.

It us sad indeed as it is a superb Disney movie. Thanks to having a Cineworld unlimited pass have been three times. Still won't beat my favourite BATB but up there with it. I have resisted the premium editions but that may change with Moana. I have picked up the soundtrack on CD and The Art of Moana book both of which I would recommend.

absolutely. i picked up the deluxe soundtrack. are you referring to beauty and the beast? i find it hard to compare the new disneys to the classic ones.

absolutely. i picked up the deluxe soundtrack. are you referring to beauty and the beast? i find it hard to compare the new disneys to the classic ones.

Disney are on a roll at the moment.
I was referring to Beauty and the Beast
The most recent films in my opinion are matching up to Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin etc.
Not so much Zootropolis though
Moana, Big Hero 6, Frozen and Tangled have all been most enjoyable

Not everyone saw it on theater, like myself, who is waiting for the blu ra to be released, but first and foremst it's a forum of steelbooks, so in geeneral people talk about that/the steelbook, it doesn't mean there not interrested in the movie itself thought ;)(even though sme are not,lol)

With the visual now up for the U.S. Best Buy exclusive I'm wondering if this will be the front cover for the international steelbook too (despite the "exclusive" bit which could just mean exclusive to that retailer in that region):-

Disney are on a roll at the moment.
I was referring to Beauty and the Beast
The most recent films in my opinion are matching up to Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin etc.
Not so much Zootropolis though
Moana, Big Hero 6, Frozen and Tangled have all been most enjoyable

My personal feeling is that almost anything made after around 1970 doesn't have the distinctive Disney hallmark. It's an intangible quality that is something akin to magic :)
The later films can be fun, but don't have that special something.