Moana (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Mar 7, 2014
Tatooine
Release date: April 3, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Note: Will include title on the spine

11378682-5664457368347810.jpg

11378682-1734457368395069.jpg 11378682-2124457368095384.jpg 11378682-1834458449459097.jpg
Older mock-up
moana1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaaand cancelled. Seriously what the #€$* is that artwork? Like another poster said, the inside art looks like it should be the outside art. Do they actually have an employee paid to walk in and purposefully mess up virtually every artwork release they put out?! I'm beginning to wonder.

Another one that looks unfinished because it relies on a pet slip that no one outside of the Far East will receive. Sick of it. I'm not even going to bother ordering zavvi editions anymore, it's just one hot mess after another.

• Thanks
Reactions: dLux
We need to accept Disney aren't going to put titles on the front.

They're basically still going to use one design for the front and back worldwide, and just different spines with the title on it for English (as a first language) countries. At least we're rid of the picture spines, so I'll settle for that.

There are a few companies that leave some of their releases title free on the front. Recently, Blair Witch didn't have one.

Aaaand cancelled. Seriously what the #€$* is that artwork? Like another poster said, the inside art looks like it should be the outside art. Do they actually have an employee paid to walk in and purposefully mess up virtually every artwork release they put out?! I'm beginning to wonder.

Another one that looks unfinished because it relies on a pet slip that no one outside of the Far East will receive. Sick of it. I'm not even going to bother ordering zavvi editions anymore, it's just one hot mess after another.

So which edition are you going to buy? Blufans?

I.am happy that Moana triggered Article 50 ahead of May lol.

I think it should have been a little closer(can't see well the characters etc).
Plus there's too much "negative space "with the water on the lowest part.
a little title might have been even better for this one(I rather without title on front in general, but it depends on the wartwork too for me)
still a good artwork overall IMO.
hope it won't be(or not much) crushed ùetal finish finish andthat it will be a glossy finish(don't hope too much, the latest disney steels weren't glossy except for zootopia)

Last edited:
I'm to 99% sure thats the Back Artwork. If u look on the back of the Steelbook when they show the spine, there is some kind of design and it matches this picture. and when they show the open steelbook then u can clearly see this design like on this poster. And it would kinda match the spine

ft-384619-555x756.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
We need to accept Disney aren't going to put titles on the front.

Did they have to change the name of the movie for other regions? It seems like the removal of any title on the face is a good way to avoid having to utilize different final comps for regions that would have a different title than the English release. If the Zootopia Steelbooks that originally came out didn't have front titles I probably could have just purchased one of those: names like Zootopie and Zootropolis bothered the hell outta me and I'm sure I wasn't alone on that.

Reactions: gaeljet
Y'all should just wait for Zavvis (probably slightly superior) lenticular edition that they'll probably no doubt re-release next year.......

• Thanks
Reactions: neo