Next UK animated Disney SteelBook you would like to see?

May 15, 2013
UK
With Zavvi taking on the role of "Home Of SteelBookz", and Disney refusing to deal with HMV post-administration, Zavvi have received a ton of amazing SteelBook releases so far. Needless to say this Zavvi / Disney partnership will continue, and more Disney SteelBook releases are inevitable going forwards into 2014.

Obviously Blufans has been releasing some stunning Disney / Pixar releases lately, and there have been several other European Disney SteelBooks announced already (Ie, Germany), so they give us a clue as to what we should expect. I think a Monsters University SteelBook is very likely to be announced for the UK soon (German and Blufans already announced), and maybe a Monsters Inc. one to go alongside it. Wreck It Ralph could also make a belated appearance as a SteelBook

We've already seen the following animated Disney / Pixar SteelBooks, either released or announced for the UK:

Aladdin
Cars 2
Finding Nemo
The Jungle Book
The Little Mermaid
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (partially animated)

I would think that the three most popular Disney classic releases that the majority of people would want to be next would be The Lion King, Dumbo, and Lady & The Tramp. Obviously any of the Disney classics would be welcomed, and there are some that are liked more than others, and also some titles that only ever get released every once in a blue moon (such as Rescuers, Basil The Great Mouse Detective, Oliver & Co.)

I also strongly believe that Zavvi / Disney are carefully targeting the 25-40 year old demographic, which is why we've seen a lot of 80's and 90's films released as SteelBooks lately (with films like The Rocketeer, Tron, and Dick Track still to come). I feel the same can be true for the Disney releases they have chosen (with exception of The Jungle Book), and are deliberately choosing titles that they know would appeal to collectors of our age group. I personally wouldn't be surprised to see The Lion King, Beauty & The Beast, and Tarzan as their next big Disney SteelBook announcements...

I'm wondering what you guys would prefer to be the next big Disney release? Opinions?

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Lady and the Tramp is at the top of my list.
I also wouldn't say no to Robin Hood, The Aristocrats or Sword in the Stone, but that's just me.

They have to be releases that are not available already. If you want Lion King don't hold your breath unless Blufans does it.

Lion King is definitely top of my list, having seen the various other SteelBook and tin releases from around the world. However, having bought this film countless times on Dvd and Blu-Ray, it would have to be a premium edition to beat all other editions - Ie, a triple disc set featuring Dvd, 2D Blu-Ray, and 3D Blu-Ray. Not getting my hopes up for this one though, especially so soon after the Trilogy was released on Blu-Ray

Robin Hood would be my second choice Disney, along with Lady & The Tramp. I would also like Dumbo, Pinocchio, and Beauty & The Beast as well.

I doubt they would bother delving into the sequels, but if they do then I would like Lion King 3: Hakuna Matata, as I love that film as much as the original Lion King! :)

It would be nice if they were to start with the earliest and gradually work their way through them all, one release per month!

BAMBI AND LIONKING.
The lionking steel should hav the images from the movie as cover and not like the futureshop or taiwan steels.

i like simba basking in the golden sun standing on the priderock.bambi with butterfly on its butts

BAMBI AND LIONKING.
The lionking steel should hav the images from the movie as cover and not like the futureshop or taiwan steels.

i like simba basking in the golden sun standing on the priderock.bambi with butterfly on its butts

I actually love that wooden-look one with the scorched effect, although if Little Mermaid and Jungle Book are anything to go by, they would most probably go with the classic Simba on Price Rock image if they did decide to release it here. Centre artwork should be Simba, Timon, & Pumbaa strutting their stuff across the log while they sing Hakuna Matata (the transition part from cub Simba to adult Simba)

Reactions: MTU24
I would also prefer new Titles for Steelbooks!
But a TOTALLY different Lion King or Beauty and the Beast wouls also be welcomed :)
And Lady and the Tramp of course

I would love to see The Aristocats get a steel, also Dumbo and The Fox and The Hound would be my other top ones.

No point in asking for those films which are in the vault. ;)

Personally I hope they release all current films not in the vault on steelbook, but only the 'Classics' I will collect.

Next ones should be Sword in the Stone and Hercules (due for release late 2013, early 2014). I'd also like to see Peter Pan, Mulan, Hunchback released too.

Please redo Snow white so it has a spine.
Redo Monsters Inc.

I can't stand looking at those.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

I guess toy story 1-3 on single releases with good artwork would be cool.

I would love to see:

Tarzan
Robin Hood
Beauty and the Beast
Lady and the Tramp

:D c'mon Zavvi! Get going!

Last edited: