Next UK animated Disney SteelBook you would like to see?

May 15, 2013
UK
With Zavvi taking on the role of "Home Of SteelBookz", and Disney refusing to deal with HMV post-administration, Zavvi have received a ton of amazing SteelBook releases so far. Needless to say this Zavvi / Disney partnership will continue, and more Disney SteelBook releases are inevitable going forwards into 2014.

Obviously Blufans has been releasing some stunning Disney / Pixar releases lately, and there have been several other European Disney SteelBooks announced already (Ie, Germany), so they give us a clue as to what we should expect. I think a Monsters University SteelBook is very likely to be announced for the UK soon (German and Blufans already announced), and maybe a Monsters Inc. one to go alongside it. Wreck It Ralph could also make a belated appearance as a SteelBook

We've already seen the following animated Disney / Pixar SteelBooks, either released or announced for the UK:

Aladdin
Cars 2
Finding Nemo
The Jungle Book
The Little Mermaid
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (partially animated)

I would think that the three most popular Disney classic releases that the majority of people would want to be next would be The Lion King, Dumbo, and Lady & The Tramp. Obviously any of the Disney classics would be welcomed, and there are some that are liked more than others, and also some titles that only ever get released every once in a blue moon (such as Rescuers, Basil The Great Mouse Detective, Oliver & Co.)

I also strongly believe that Zavvi / Disney are carefully targeting the 25-40 year old demographic, which is why we've seen a lot of 80's and 90's films released as SteelBooks lately (with films like The Rocketeer, Tron, and Dick Track still to come). I feel the same can be true for the Disney releases they have chosen (with exception of The Jungle Book), and are deliberately choosing titles that they know would appeal to collectors of our age group. I personally wouldn't be surprised to see The Lion King, Beauty & The Beast, and Tarzan as their next big Disney SteelBook announcements...

I'm wondering what you guys would prefer to be the next big Disney release? Opinions?

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
*crosses fingers* Please be The Sword in the Stone, please be The Sword in the Stone, please be The Sword in the Stone, please be The Sword in the Stone, please be The Sword in the Stone, please be The Sword in the Stone!

Dumbo, Bambi, Tarzan, Tangled, Nightmare before christmas, PETER PAN, lion king (same as taiwan without the diamond edtion or bluray symbol), Lilo and Stitch, Hercules, Pinocchio and Alice in Wonderland. I'd literally buy all of them. So any out of them lot really.

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more if I tried. Re-releases kill this game.

I would expect UK releases of Disney films that have been released elsewhere in the world, but they should make the effort to make them different from the ones that already exist. For example, the UK release of Monsters University should be different to the German and Blufans releases

Re-releases of titles that have already been released here and sold out (such as Aladdin, Finding Nemo, and Roger Rabbit) are a definite no-no though!