Next UK animated Disney SteelBook you would like to see?

May 15, 2013
UK
With Zavvi taking on the role of "Home Of SteelBookz", and Disney refusing to deal with HMV post-administration, Zavvi have received a ton of amazing SteelBook releases so far. Needless to say this Zavvi / Disney partnership will continue, and more Disney SteelBook releases are inevitable going forwards into 2014.

Obviously Blufans has been releasing some stunning Disney / Pixar releases lately, and there have been several other European Disney SteelBooks announced already (Ie, Germany), so they give us a clue as to what we should expect. I think a Monsters University SteelBook is very likely to be announced for the UK soon (German and Blufans already announced), and maybe a Monsters Inc. one to go alongside it. Wreck It Ralph could also make a belated appearance as a SteelBook

We've already seen the following animated Disney / Pixar SteelBooks, either released or announced for the UK:

Aladdin
Cars 2
Finding Nemo
The Jungle Book
The Little Mermaid
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (partially animated)

I would think that the three most popular Disney classic releases that the majority of people would want to be next would be The Lion King, Dumbo, and Lady & The Tramp. Obviously any of the Disney classics would be welcomed, and there are some that are liked more than others, and also some titles that only ever get released every once in a blue moon (such as Rescuers, Basil The Great Mouse Detective, Oliver & Co.)

I also strongly believe that Zavvi / Disney are carefully targeting the 25-40 year old demographic, which is why we've seen a lot of 80's and 90's films released as SteelBooks lately (with films like The Rocketeer, Tron, and Dick Track still to come). I feel the same can be true for the Disney releases they have chosen (with exception of The Jungle Book), and are deliberately choosing titles that they know would appeal to collectors of our age group. I personally wouldn't be surprised to see The Lion King, Beauty & The Beast, and Tarzan as their next big Disney SteelBook announcements...

I'm wondering what you guys would prefer to be the next big Disney release? Opinions?

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Marry Poppins

Sleeping Beauty

Snow white and the 7 Dwarfs

Pinnochio

Tarzan

Aristocats

Beauty and the Beast

worldwide. there is no really need as long there are more than enough epic titles without a release at all.

Exclusives should stay exclusives. I missed out on some Disney titles, but even I don't want them re-released. Too many newbies recommend re-releases b/c they missed out, which is unfair to collectors. If we are going down this road might as well reprint the grails (i.e. Iron Man FS, John Rambo DE, etc.) and mass produce them.

Reactions: yeslek
Exclusives should stay exclusives. I missed out on some Disney titles, but even I don't want them re-released. Too many newbies recommend re-releases b/c they missed out, which is unfair to collectors. If we are going down this road might as well reprint the grails (i.e. Iron Man FS, John Rambo DE, etc.) and mass produce them.

i feel exactly the same, i missed the whole classic series (princess & frog, beauty & the beast, pinocchio, nightmare before christmas etc). i want to hunt them down real badly and maybe i will never be able to get some of them, but i dont want to see re-releases. new titles all the way :LOL:

Reactions: yeslek
I'd love to see Robin Hood get the steelbook treatment, especially with th 40 year anniversary coming up in August.

I'd also love to see The Great Mouse Detective done up

3 disney classic films i would buy if coming in exclusive steelbooks:

PINOCCHIO
DUMBO
LADY AND THE TRAMP

(yes, and MARY POPPINS too)...

i've ordered "lion king" from taiwan, and i doubt the artwork of this can be topped (pics and videos of this look amazing), so i currently feel no essential need for this one.

I need me some Robin Hood! Why is the 40th anniversary this year and no actual special collectors edition coming out?
1973-disneys-robin-hood_288x288.jpg

Reactions: Heche1981