• Maybe

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
May 10, 2013
UK
fofwok.jpg

NB-One-Sheet.jpg

2uo56z6.jpg
I am a big fan of this and since they are trying to remaster the cabal cut of this movie which adds about an hour or more to it id love to see a steelbook

Last edited:
Reactions: SaberTooth
The last we’d heard about “Cabal Cut” of Clive Barker’s Nightbreed Morgan Creek had given the filmmakers permission “to show the cut around the world and to raise money to prepare the cut for a release on Blu-ray… This could not, would not, have happened without your voices.We have all been heard. The Morgan Creek team have my thanks and my respect. Very seldom does anyone in the movie business pay attention as they have, understanding perhaps that the message of the movie as I shot it is one that dramatizes a different ending to the age-old story of how a war between Humankind and something Other draws to a close.”

Now Michael Plumides has posted in the comments section of the Occupy Midian Facebook, “Russell, you said you didn’t expect anything before 2014, remember? Well, it looks like the distribution deal is moving forward. Our distributors are presently at Cannes but we will resume talks when they return – we probably will not make the announcement until the Fall. Also we have a channel very interested in the TV show. Stay tuned.” It’s hard to suss out exactly what all of this means – especially the bit about the TV show – but at least the mood seems positive.

To clarify about Warner Bros. rights he added, “The Cabal Cut” is a separate film all together. Warner has no control over this film – the added footage makes it a completely different product.”
Source: http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3233012/nightbreed-cabal-cut-nearing-blu-ray-distribution-deal-tv-show-on-the-way/

I saw the Cabal cut a couple of weeks ago at what I understand to be the last UK screening, it was great to finally see the cut of Nightbreed Id read so much about but didnt think Id get the opportunity to see, it was a very enjoyable evening, as Russell Cherrington who has put the Cabal cut together, was joined by cast members Hugh Ross, Nicholas Vince and Simon Bamford signing posters and a Q&A afterwards

It was strange to see a film Im so familiar with in a different light, the Cabal cut isnt an extended cut (although it is longer) it feels like a totally different film, various characters outcomes are changed, some are expanded, I can see why most folks involved with the film were disappointed with the version that was put out by the studio.

The Bluray release was discussed in the Q&A as the PQ in a lot of the scenes is pretty poor, Russell plans to digitise and clean up the footage as well as possible but said it should be 'at least DVD quality' once cleaned up and whatnot so Im hopeful the final finished version will be pretty good, hes also hoping to get together some extras on the restoration, maybe a documentary on the story behind the film, the studio interference, and the search for the lost footage, a commentary etc and a disk with the theatrical cut of the film for comparison, so the final release could end up as a pretty cool set full of lots of interesting features. I did mention to him that the release deserves some kind of collectors set, boxset or steelbook, not just an amaray, and he said its all down to money...Im sure if Zavvi stepped up they could come up with something between them :thumbs:

So to answer the question (finally lol) Id buy a nightbreed steelbook in a heartbeat preferably the Cabal cut, but a dual set with both cuts and extras would be a dream release and would surely sell well as the film has a big following

I saw the Cabal cut a couple of weeks ago at what I understand to be the last UK screening, it was great to finally see the cut of Nightbreed Id read so much about but didnt think Id get the opportunity to see, it was a very enjoyable evening, as Russell Cherrington who has put the Cabal cut together, was joined by cast members Hugh Ross, Nicholas Vince and Simon Bamford signing posters and a Q&A afterwards

It was strange to see a film Im so familiar with in a different light, the Cabal cut isnt an extended cut (although it is longer) it feels like a totally different film, various characters outcomes are changed, some are expanded, I can see why most folks involved with the film were disappointed with the version that was put out by the studio.

The Bluray release was discussed in the Q&A as the PQ in a lot of the scenes is pretty poor, Russell plans to digitise and clean up the footage as well as possible but said it should be 'at least DVD quality' once cleaned up and whatnot so Im hopeful the final finished version will be pretty good, hes also hoping to get together some extras on the restoration, maybe a documentary on the story behind the film, the studio interference, and the search for the lost footage, a commentary etc and a disk with the theatrical cut of the film for comparison, so the final release could end up as a pretty cool set full of lots of interesting features. I did mention to him that the release deserves some kind of collectors set, boxset or steelbook, not just an amaray, and he said its all down to money...Im sure if Zavvi stepped up they could come up with something between them :thumbs:

So to answer the question (finally lol) Id buy a nightbreed steelbook in a heartbeat preferably the Cabal cut, but a dual set with both cuts and extras would be a dream release and would surely sell well as the film has a big following

Thanks for that very interesting to hear from someone who has been.
I had been keeping an eye on this for years and remember they were showing it in texas for the 1st time and then id forgot about it for awhile and only heard about the UK screenings about a week ago.
I would love to go but none are close to me so really hope we get some sort of release for this even if it were leaked on the internet but id prefer a blu ray mos def a collector's set of some kind as i dont buy amaray's.
(except the warriors as that was a must and this of corse if it ever gets released speaking of the warriors lol new poll if there is not one all ready)

Before I vote, whats the Cabel cut?

For years rumours have been rife about substantial missing footage to Clive Barker's NIGHTBREED. Occupy Midian is a movement to see the full version of this film restored and re-released in its full and unedited glory, which not only is a more faithfal adaptation of his book CABAL, but is what Clive Barker originally intended NIGHTBREED to be.

This version, running now at 144 minutes, is THE CABAL CUT.

http://www.occupymidian.com/

Before I vote, whats the Cabel cut?

I Would prefer the Boon overlooking the gates of Midian with Decker in the shadow.

The suits got involved and at a test screening changed the ending and edited it out of Mr Barkers hands. An AMAZING turn from David Cronenberg as Decker. I saw this movie first time round Mansfield Odeon cinema 1990.

The footage has been lost for 20ish years. Found and edited at last looks like it will be seeing the light of day. A facebook page Occupy Midian made 5000 signatures in three mounts to show Morgan Creek that people did want and would buy this film.

It is basically Twilight anything that is not human The humans will stop at nothing to destroy all that is left of the tribes of the moon.

Yes I do not care I will have it after all "God IS and Astronaut , Oz IS over the Rainbow and Midien IS where the Monsters live" Peloquin's line from the movie.:drool:

A fine director was expecting not a lot with his performance . I was never so glad to be wrong. I was so shocked Everything about what you think turned on it's head.

I still have the V.H.S of this and the Nightbreed Chronicles book. A bad move at 19years old going to see this . It has stayed with me and I'm 42 next.

I don't know if today's over C.G.I'd and gore fest whippersnappers will get it the same way. I so wish that it gains new heights of adulation it deserves.

IF this dose get the Steelbook treatment then I think that anyone who funds this progect and has something to gain will have a HUGE smile on thire faces as the money rolls in.

NO U.K Dvd release. A Large dedicated fan base all wanting to own a little bit of Midian that has always been so far away.

A fine director was expecting not a lot with his performance . I was never so glad to be wrong. I was so shocked Everything about what you think turned on it's head.

I still have the V.H.S of this and the Nightbreed Chronicles book. A bad move at 19years old going to see this . It has stayed with me and I'm 42 next.

I don't know if today's over C.G.I'd and gore fest whippersnappers will get it the same way. I so wish that it gains new heights of adulation it deserves.

IF this dose get the Steelbook treatment then I think that anyone who funds this progect and has something to gain will have a HUGE smile on thire faces as the money rolls in.

NO U.K Dvd release. A Large dedicated fan base all wanting to own a little bit of Midian that has always been so far away.

yea this is a great film and can't believe its never even had one Blu ray release somewhere yet.
I really want to see the cabal cut so bad c'mon people vote for this classic maybe zavvi will answer our prayers.
Anyone who hasn't seen its def worth a download at the least:movie:

Reactions: Scary Hair
Where i can see the cabel cut does anyone know?

At the moment you can only see the Cabal cut at special screenings. Russell Cherrington who is responsible for editing together the cut was given permission to screen the film (I think the agreement was for 1 year) and so has been screening it at film festivals, comic con events etc all over the world. Basically where the film goes, he goes....carrying the film about in a briefcase handcuffed to his wrist lol (not quite but almost, screenings are arranged, and Russell turns up with the film, screens it and then takes it away) That 1 year agreement ends sometime towards the end of the year as far as Im aware, then the plan is to finish the restoration and release it on Bluray

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Not the best photo, but the poster I got signed at the screening would make a nice steelbook cover, or without all the writing a very nice choice for the rear artwork

At the moment you can only see the Cabal cut at special screenings. Russell Cherrington who is responsible for editing together the cut was given permission to screen the film (I think the agreement was for 1 year) and so has been screening it at film festivals, comic con events etc all over the world. Basically where the film goes, he goes....carrying the film about in a briefcase handcuffed to his wrist lol (not quite but almost, screenings are arranged, and Russell turns up with the film, screens it and then takes it away) That 1 year agreement ends sometime towards the end of the year as far as Im aware, then the plan is to finish the restoration and release it on Bluray

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Not the best photo, but the poster I got signed at the screening would make a nice steelbook cover, or without all the writing a very nice choice for the rear artwork

yeah they have some great posters for the cabal cut alot of possibility with this one.

Think there are about 4 screenings left in the UK and a few in the US would really love to see it but no screenings close to me