Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: July 29th, 2014
Purchase link: Noah
Price: $19.99

M2212088.jpg

Last edited:
Just got my ready for pick up email. Hopefully it's still there when I get off work at 4:30 though!!!

No worries, it will still be there - I've done in-store pickup many times and never had an issue. A steelbook will be pulled and placed behind the customer service counter with your name/order number attached to it. I'll be picking mine up after work too. :thumbs:

There was only 4 of these at my best buy, don't they know the only reason I am buying this fairy tale is because it was in steelbook, otherwise I'd have passed on ever even seeing the movie.

No worries, it will still be there - I've done in-store pickup many times and never had an issue. A steelbook will be pulled and placed behind the customer service counter with your name/order number attached to it. I'll be picking mine up after work too. :thumbs:

They pulled people in store pick up steelbooks back for Thor: The Dark World. I know this isn't a release of that magnitude but still. Scares me now.

They pulled people in store pick up steelbooks back for Thor: The Dark World. I know this isn't a release of that magnitude but still. Scares me now.

Wow, that's really crappy. I've never had a bad experience like that at my store, but I guess they're all different. Let's hope that doesn't happen to anyone this time around!

Not gonna say that's what happened at my store, but they didn't have my Pickup order ready at the Service Desk. There was one copy left on the shelves, which I picked up before I went up front just in case it was in better shape than the one they had picked out, and it appeared to be mint. So I guess I lucked out today :thumbs:

FYI this seems like it has low print run in US, lots of people are reporting seeing 10 max at their stores

i went to mine an hour after opening there was maybe 8, i bought 2

Yea I get the feeling it will be a low print (mine had 4) but the thing is its not going to be such a collectible title like Thor in my opinion. Granted I haven't seen the movie yet just doesn't scream you must own me.

Picked this up a few hours ago. Very pleased with it. Yes, it could've had better inside artwork or a gloss finish with some embossing, but I like it overall. Glad to support us getting a new release steelbook here in the US. Now if we could only return to the quality of the Disney BBY steels released several years ago... :thumbs: