Official Star Wars Blu-Ray Release & News Thread-September 2011

Will you purchase Star Wars on Blu-Ray the 1st time it is released?

• Only if it includes the Theatrical Editions without the added CGI

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • I will purchase the Blu-Ray edition regardless of what edition it includes

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • I will not purchase or rent it- I am just not a fan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will not purchase, but I will rent it for historical/nostalgic reasons

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I will "prefer" a special edition w/ figures/packaging ONLY if the Theatrical is released

• I will "prefer" a special edition w/figures/packaging regardless what version is released

Votes: 4 14.3%

• I will "prefer" a special edition w/ figures/packaging ONLY if the Theatrical is released

• I will "prefer" a special edition w/figures/packaging regardless what version is released

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA

Release from January 6,2011:

"The most anticipated Blu-ray release ever -- the Star Wars Saga -- emerges from light speed this September 2011. For the first time, all six of George Lucas' epic films (Episodes I-VI) are united in one complete set. Fans worldwide are able to pre-order now with online retailers.

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will release Star Wars in three distinct sets to meet the needs of every Star Wars fan:

Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray (9-disc Set includes all six films)
Star Wars: Prequel Blu-ray Trilogy (3-disc set includes Episodes I-III)
Star Wars: Original Blu-ray Trilogy (3-disc set includes Episodes IV-VI)
Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray will feature all six live-action Star Wars feature films utilizing the highest possible picture and audio presentation, along with three additional discs and more than 30 hours of extensive special features including never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes, an exploration of the exclusive Star Wars archives, and much more.

Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray will be available for $139.99 US/$179.99 CAN and the Star Wars: Trilogy Sets for $69.99 US/89.99 CAN. Pricing for each set will vary by international territory.

Flanked by a legion of his finest Imperial stormtroopers, Darth Vader himself joined Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment President Mike Dunn at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) to announce the release, vowing "The forces of the Empire will be at your disposal to assure the success of this endeavor."

"The Star Wars Saga is the most anticipated Blu-ray collection since the launch of the high-def format," Dunn said. "The epic franchise pioneered sound and visual presentation in theaters and is perfectly suited to do it again in the home, with a viewing experience only possible with Blu-ray."

"With all six episodes available for the first time in one collection, this is a great way for families and home audiences to experience the complete Saga from start to finish," said Doug Yates, Vice President of Marketing, Online, Distribution, Lucasfilm Ltd. "And with the quality of high-definition, Blu-ray provides the most immersive home experience possible."

"The Star Wars franchise has been the most anticipated Blu-ray release by Amazon's customers," said Bill Carr, Vice President of Music and Video at Amazon.com. "We think that Star Wars will be incredibly popular with our customers, and we expect pre-orders to be very strong.""

Thanks Dave S @ TBS.

Hi All, I have updated this thread so we can track any upcoming Blu-Ray releases/Special edition sets that appear throughout the world, as the release date nears (anticipated Autumn 2011).

If you're a hardcore Star Wars fan, I'd appreciate your help in pitching in, to make this a comprehensive thread. In the meantime, please continue to share any news regarding these releases and subscribe to stay updated. Thanks!

DB
[/COLOR]
images

1WEBF00Z.jpg

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Star Wars VI: Return of The Jedi

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of The Clones

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of The Sith

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha! I am sure many feel as you do-hopefully for fans, they don't pull a LOTR and release the "tinkered with" one now, and then later on the "original"....?

Star Wars ROTJ DELETED SCENE!

It was shown at the celebration event today...

As rumored, all six Star Wars movies will be released together on Blu-ray in 2011 for the 35th anniversary of the release of A New Hope. George Lucas personally announced the set on stage at the Celebration V event, and showed off a deleted scene from Return of the Jedi that will be included. While the "highest picture and audio quality" and extensive special features are promised, what won't make it to Blu-ray are the original versions of the movies; Lucas told the New York Times that only the special editions will be included, since restoring the original versions in high enough quality would cost too much. No word on price, release date or any plans to release the films individually, but if you can stand living in a world where Greedo shot first then this will certainly be on next year's shopping list.

Last edited by a moderator:
terrible newz :(

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

The original Star Wars was one of the first movies I saw in the theatre. Not sure of my age but it was the original release, may have even been opening weekend.

This will be a long, long year, but gladly I will hold, bring those amazing & beautiful (for sure) steels!!!!!!

what a pic!!!

mainevent1_bg.jpg

Last edited: