Once Upon a Time In America (Blu-ray Slipbox + Booklet) (Extended Director’s Cut) [USA]

Snollygoster

Creative | YouTube
Premium Supporter
Apr 13, 2012
:oohyeah: From Warner Brothers official 'Once Upon a Time in America' Facebook page

Released September 30th, 2014

Amozon.com (Pre-Order)

attachment.php

Experience Once Upon a Time In America the way Sergio Leone intended – The fully restored Extended Director’s Cut featuring 22 minutes of never-before-seen footage is available on Blu-ray™ & DVD September 30th!

Prior to the Blu-ray™ & DVD release, the epic film will have its U.S. premiere at the 52nd New York Film Festival.

Attachments

• DIGIBOOK.jpg
    DIGIBOOK.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 611
  • ouatia_US.jpg
    ouatia_US.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 229
Last edited by a moderator:
Really! That's disappointing, i guess its kind of like last years the Exorcist edition then... Mine still hasn't been posted yet, wonder if its worth keeping or cancelling and waiting for the UK steel...?

Anyway, thanks for the heads up @bobzilla :thumbs:

Just received this today from Amazon and it is NOT a digibook. It's a hard slipbox with separate thin little book inside along with a 2-disc amaray case. Nicely made but still a bit disappointing after all the anticipation since this was first announced.

That's a great shame. Looking at the Amazon image now, its possible to see that the box for this release is thicker than the book itself - obviously to hold the amaray case and the book. What's happening with Warner?, they have really lost the plot when it comes to digibooks - after setting the pace in past years! :(

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
Oh man, that's a huge let down. I had this pre-ordered and canceled it days before release because of all the incoming steelbooks. Glad I did...maybe the steelbook will be a lot better than this.

I think it's time to drop Warner an email about this. By now digibook/blu-ray book is a pretty established term. The promotional image is misleading (it looks like the Bridge On the River Kwai digibook), and Warner should be more clear about what they are actually selling here. I like digibooks precicely because it's everything in one place.

I think it's time to drop Warner an email about this. By now digibook/blu-ray book is a pretty established term. The promotional image is misleading (it looks like the Bridge On the River Kwai digibook), and Warner should be more clear about what they are actually selling here. I like digibooks precicely because it's everything in one place.

What's worse is the transfer itself. They crammed the extended cut onto a single disc with around 15 mbps bit rate.

Delivered today
Its not a Digibook
Its the same type of packaging as the The Exorcist: 40th Anniversary
The Blu ray case is an eco case :(

Still it is a nice package
Booklet is nice its hardback

I will post photos later this evening

• Helpful Post
Reactions: goufcustom
ATTENTION:

PLEASE, can the ninjas who got these take a really close looks and see if you can notice any blue dots on the SlipBox?? There seems to be blue dots on mine :/

Many thanks