Purchase links: Zavvi

Winner:

ogf.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 288
Last edited by a moderator:
I passed on this and the german release in hope for a nicer release. More colorful like the nova drive release or zavvys oldboy with neon lights from bangkok for example what fits more the mood from the movie

I enjoyed it and love it. But I can understand why people don't like it. Gosling got not much dialogue, theres no leading part or hero like he was in drive. Its excessive brutal like Refn always is and likes.
I love the movie for the colors, the lights & shadows, score, atmosphere, tense. Its visually stunning. Its about fear and emotions. Its about theres no good or bad guy in real life. I really really enjoyed this movie and I hope for a better release :thumbs:

I don't need to know a Director in order to know I was bored during this movie(and I love independent movies and international ones as well), but I'd have to say despite not liking it, it's strangeness got me to stay until the end.

and when I referred to ''I don't know why ''he'' decided to do this movie'' in my last post I was talking about Ryan
Yeah Ryan should've done the last transformers movie instead.

I don't need to know a Director in order to know I was bored during this movie(and I love independent movies and international ones as well), but I'd have to say despite not liking it, it's strangeness got me to stay until the end.

and when I referred to ''I don't know why ''he'' decided to do this movie'' in my last post I was talking about Ryan
Ahh, that's fair enough :)

Reactions: Actarus
definitely not my flick ... and I like Gosling. Bought it at release and sold it after I watched.

Nicolas Winding Refn did amazing job with Drive. So I had high hopes for Only God Forgives, since a friend highly recommended it. Honestly :sleep:, I just couldn't wait to end it. It was struggle and discomfort to finish it.

There was a pretty heated (and great!) discussion about the movie when the beautiful German digibook was released. I since bought both the German as well as the UK steelbook, but I'm still not sold on the movie. I hear Ryan Gosling's directorial debut "Lost Rivers" is even weirder and less accessible than Only God Forgives... bring on the steelbook for THAT then :cigar:

Perhaps I need to watch Only God Forgives again. I have only seen it once and it didn't work for me back then. There has been those films I didn't quite get on the first time, but started to like them on the second or third time.