Only God Forgives

Would you be interested in an Only God Forgives steelbook?

• Yes

Votes: 66 76.7%
  • No

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2013
London
After seeing this tonight, it made me think how much I'd love to see a steelbook for this visually stunning film (and how nicely it would sit beside my Drive steelbook)

This would be my choice of front cover, although there are a couple of other really good options

Only_God_Forgives_poster.jpg

Edit to add a trailer

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YqAeVosG4zI

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the movie last night. Not as good as Drive. Visually, it's very cool. But it's very slow, overly vague at times and overly direct at others. Kristin Scott Thomas is very good in her role, but Vithaya Pansringarm as Chang
Angel of Vengeance
is the real star of the movie. Film was good, but not great. Don't know if I'll watch it again.

I watched the movie last night. Not as good as Drive. Visually, it's very cool. But it's very slow, overly vague at times and overly direct at others. Kristin Scott Thomas is very good in her role, but Vithaya Pansringarm as Chang
Angel of Vengeance
is the real star of the movie. Film was good, but not great. Don't know if I'll watch it again.

I have to agree with you on this, i found the film a right let down compared to drive and from the trailer plus whats with like the 10 words from gosling for the whole film
I wouldn't watch again but i can see a sick looking steelbook to appear

Reactions: kbr1656
I have to agree with you on this, i found the film a right let down compared to drive and from the trailer plus whats with like the 10 words from gosling for the whole film

Yeah, Ryan Gosling has become known for keeping it toned down, but he was practically mute. I kept waiting for him to burst out and either hit or kill more like in Drive, but it rarely happened. I can definitely agree there is potential for a really nice steelbook for this.

Reactions: AnubisNefer
Angel of Vengeance

I agree I was quite disappointed by it, all gloss and no substance.

as mentioned above Gosling hardly said a word and he got his arse kicked, There was also very little back story about who or why they were there ?

well i thought it was great i loved the nihilistic view of this movie and alot of what's said in this movie isn't with words but rather with a look if this was a David Fincher movie no one would of said ****!

Reactions: lolwut
After watching the movie I'm not sure if I'd like a steel. Mediocre film, it disappointed me.

Good film, very very stripped down, cynical and nihilistic. Not as good as Drive (which I feel is Refn's best film so far) but a step up from Valhalla Rising (but quite similar in tone) and everything prior. Would benefit from repeat viewings, definitely. Wouldn't mind a steelbook but something tells me this might not get one. Drive was a one-off it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.