Only God Forgives

Would you be interested in an Only God Forgives steelbook?

• Yes

Votes: 66 76.7%
  • No

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2013
London
After seeing this tonight, it made me think how much I'd love to see a steelbook for this visually stunning film (and how nicely it would sit beside my Drive steelbook)

This would be my choice of front cover, although there are a couple of other really good options

Only_God_Forgives_poster.jpg

Edit to add a trailer

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YqAeVosG4zI

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm putting a bullet in my skull if I read one more post about a Drive-comparison.

THIS IS NOT EFFIN' DRIVE! IT'S NOT A SEQUEL TO DRIVE!

70% of people disliking this was because they expected Drive 2. 20% is disliking it because they don't understand it, and the last 10% is people just not liking it

Bam! :) had to get it off my chest.

I'm putting a bullet in my skull if I read one more post about a Drive-comparison.

70% of people disliking this was because they expected Drive 2. 20% is disliking it because they don't understand it, and the last 10% is people just not liking it

True, but they're only expecting 'Drive 2' due to it still being Refn/Gosling/Martinez. I'd say Scott Thomas and Pansringarm are the true stars of this film. I only saw it a few days ago and want to watch it again. Would make a great midnight movies companion to Enter The Void (or maybe Herzog's Bad Lieutenant).

Reactions: ABjerg

Relax my friend. It's only natural that people would draw comparisons with Drive as it is Ryan Gosling and Nick Refn. But we understand they're not the same movie and that this is not a sequel. I went into it expecting a different movie from Drive, I understand it, but I still didn't like it. But I don't have a problem with other people enjoying it. It's cool that you loved it. :):cool:

Relax my friend. It's only natural that people would draw comparisons with Drive as it is Ryan Gosling and Nick Refn. But we understand they're not the same movie and that this is not a sequel. I went into it expecting a different movie from Drive, I understand it, but I still didn't like it. But I don't have a problem with other people enjoying it. It's cool that you loved it. :):cool:

This.

I wasn't expecting Drive 2 but the movie wasn't great. When I watched the trailer I was really excited, I even had a beaten-up Ryan Gosling as my avatar for a couple of months. Movie disappointed me big time. It didn't suck but it was far from my expectations.

Reactions: kbr1656

I hope that wasn't directed at me because I wasn't comparing the films - I was talking about the steelbooks as both films are from the same director and would like the same type of edition boxes for same directors and so on.

I'm well aware that it's not a sequel and rather different to Drive.

I hope that wasn't directed at me because I wasn't comparing the films - I was talking about the steelbooks as both films are from the same director and would like the same type of edition boxes for same directors and so on.

I'm well aware that it's not a sequel and rather different to Drive.
No it was not towards you. ;)

It was just to everyone thinking this is Drive or to people saying something like "this was not like Drive at all, really disappointed" etc.

When I was watching it, I thought the film had nothing to say. When the credits rolled, I was kind of surprised on how much I enjoyed it. It was very stylish, for sure - but it's also nightmarish and hypnotic at the same time. It's like a mainstream Gaspar Noe film. If a steelbook comes along with that neon lights poster, I'm down.

Great Movie! loved it! its more 'Valhalla Rising' than 'Drive' but almost a mix of the two. Id def get a Steelie of this baby.

Hope this film does get a steelbook however it has to have minimilistic artwork so it matches Drive, the poster art is far too busy

Status
Not open for further replies.