Pacific Rim (alternate artwork) [US]

Not that we know anything new on this yet, but the link is now active again and working on the website so you can order the item and still says its a steelbook.

Went ahead and placed an order as I figure its easy enough for me to return to the store if its not a steelbook so figured I'd give it a shot. Not having high hopes here, but you never know.

Last edited:
I'm going wait until someone confirms it's an actual steel because on the item description it says it's comes in a lenticular packaging

I'm going wait until someone confirms it's an actual steel because on the item description it says it's comes in a lenticular packaging

you're looking at the regular release that's $26.96. this one says in the middle paragraph under movie description:

"Steelbook Packaging, Audio Commentary by Guillermo del Toro, Focus Points, "Drift Space", The Digital Artistry of "Pacific Rim", "The Shatterdome", Deleted Scenes, Blooper Reel, 14 Featurettes Provide In-Depth Looks at Kaijus, Jaegers, Sets, Stunts, Sounds, Effects, and the Mythology and Making of the Film."

you're looking at the regular release that's $26.96. this one says in the middle paragraph under movie description:

"Steelbook Packaging, Audio Commentary by Guillermo del Toro, Focus Points, "Drift Space", The Digital Artistry of "Pacific Rim", "The Shatterdome", Deleted Scenes, Blooper Reel, 14 Featurettes Provide In-Depth Looks at Kaijus, Jaegers, Sets, Stunts, Sounds, Effects, and the Mythology and Making of the Film."

Oh ok. I tried looking it up on their site but I only see the lenticular and standard versions. Next time I'll just use link that was provided.

I'm surprised the member at tos that found it and bought it hasn't reported back about if it is a SB or not.

i think the reason is because everyone's been doing site to store which takes around 10 days. so it's probably going to be around the middle to end of this week before anyone gets theirs in.

I'm surprised the member at tos that found it and bought it hasn't reported back about if it is a SB or not.

If this was legit it probably would have hit fleabay by now. I'm not holding my breath.

not really. it was never advertised and the first time anybody even said anything about it was just days ago. nobody knows how long it's been available on the site for sale. what few if any collectors that knew about it before we did that ordered this, more than likely didn't want to sell it.

Why would Warner wait until now to release the Steelbook rather than back in October when it was first released? The answer is they wouldn't. The release date on the listing states 10/15/2013, the same date as the amaray. It is most likely a listing error and anyone who ordered it will get the regular version.

i think the reason is because everyone's been doing site to store which takes around 10 days. so it's probably going to be around the middle to end of this week before anyone gets theirs in.

It was found at tos on 12/31/13 and ordered the same day. He should get it around the Jan 15th if you account the holidays. I hope we find out soon.:ohno: