Asia
Release date: October 11, 2018
Purchase link: Amazon JP
Price: ¥ 5,389

91Cor7e9gVL._SX522_.jpg

71bxRTSWkqL._SX522_.jpg
710Ec99ssuL._SX522_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know why there are 2 listings, one Amazon JP exclusive and one regular. Google Translate didn't really help and they are the exact same pictures.

This is an NBC Universal release, it will be region free.
not to say its not. but just a random fyi ... recently i had some universal titles (from USA) that wouldnt play on region B. thought that was odd. Cant recall which ones, but had it happen twice this year already. I have one player that stays on region B so just kinda shocked me it wouldnt play.

not to say its not. but just a random fyi ... recently i had some universal titles (from USA) that wouldnt play on region B. thought that was odd. Cant recall which ones, but had it happen twice this year already. I have one player that stays on region B so just kinda shocked me it wouldnt play.
Yes, I think I've also come across a Universal (Scandinavian subsidiary, probably "European" disc, though) Blu-ray release that included a region-locked disc.

Can't remember the film, but I distinctly recall that it was a relatively "small" title, most likely not Universal's own production.

Any comments before release date about region-free vs. region-locked status of a new Blu-ray release, are bound to be based on past experience. Retailers are notoriously inaccurate about region information on their product pages, usually because they (or sometimes even the distributor) don't have solid information available in advance.

For a high-profile title from Universal like this one, I don't really see any other possibility than region-free, though. But obviously the disc will provide the final verdict.

Lucky there's nobody from NBC Universal who'd be heavily into practical jokes, reading this thread... :dunno::cautious::LOL:

Eh, I cancelled mine before it shipped out this morning. Even though the Steelbook is stunning, the movie isn't worth it to me.

Looks so great, but way to expensive :/

Does anyone know if Blufans release this on aswell?

I can't find it right this second, but I'm pretty sure Kevin (who is the big BluFans contact on the other forum) said there are no plans for this one. A big factor might be the studios. Pacific Rim was a WB release, someone Blufans has worked with a bunch in the past. Pacific Rim Uprising is a Universal release.

Reactions: sis3
. . . and alongside the well-matched and almost equally successful / spectacular steelbook for the first film:-
1539259254154.png

Last edited: