Lost The Plot Ninja
Apr 27, 2012
Derbyshire ,England.
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Pacific Rim: Uprising

Tagline: Rise Up

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Adventure

Director: Steven S. DeKnight

Cast: John Boyega, Scott Eastwood, Cailee Spaeny, Jing Tian, Rinko Kikuchi, Burn Gorman, Idris Elba, Adria Arjona, Zhang Jin, Charlie Day, Madeleine McGraw, Karan Brar, Ivanna Sakhno, Mackenyu Arata, Wesley Wong, Levi Meaden, Rahart Adams, Zhu Zhu, Nick E. Tarabay, Dustin Clare, Daniel Feuerriegel, Lily Ji, Shyrley Rodriguez, Ellen McLain, Sam Kalidi, Jamie Slater, Yingying Lan, Chen Zitong, Yongchen Qian

Release: 2018-03-21

Runtime: 111

Plot: It has been ten years since The Battle of the Breach and the oceans are still, but restless. Vindicated by the victory at the Breach, the Jaeger program has evolved into the most powerful global defense force in human history. The PPDC now calls upon the best and brightest to rise up and become the next generation of heroes when the Kaiju threat returns.

@tridon @Apollon @Scary Hair @PunkNinja @pdbluray Check it out Drifters! :thumbs:

‘Pacific Rim: Uprising’ Brings Back Rinko Kikuchi & More! Is Karl Urban in the Cast?

Close-up of the image :photo:
View attachment 285649

Look at the names. Rinko Kikuchi, Charlie Day, Burn Gorman. And Karl Urban? :hungry:

YES!!!!!! ... !!!!!!!! ... !!!!!! :OMG::woot:

I was wondering how Stacker's son would be in the sequel without any mention of Mako, so happy to see Rinko there, if only just for a cameo. Day and Gorman returning only makes sense since they saved the day the first time around. The only one missing from that list that I really wanted back is Max Martini as Herc Hansen. Hopefully he appears in the sequel. :yawn:

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
YES!!!!!! ... !!!!!!!! ... !!!!!! :OMG::woot:

I was wondering how Stacker's son would be in the sequel without any mention of Mako, so happy to see Rinko there, if only just for a cameo. Day and Gorman returning only makes sense since they saved the day the first time around. The only one missing from that list that I really wanted back is Max Martini as Herc Hansen. Hopefully he appears in the sequel. :yawn:
I'd also be happy with a Mako cameo! :hungry: And I still have my fingers crossed for Max to return! :thumbs: I really want to see his character be the new BOSS MAN! :cool:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Shots of John Boyega in the film:
pacific-rim-uprising-set-photo-5.jpg pacific-rim-uprising-set-photo-1.jpg pacific-rim-uprising-set-photo-3.jpg pacific-rim-uprising-set-photo-4.jpg pacific-rim-uprising-set-photo-2.jpg

Daredevil Composer Will Score Pacific Rim: Uprising :headphone:

Source: ScreenRant.com
Taking over the reigns for this sequel is former Daredevil showrunner Steven S. DeKnight, who has assembled a mostly new and young cast led by Star Wars: The Force Awakensstar John Boyega. DeKnight has also brought aboard some familiar faces from his Spartacus past, and has now brought along his Daredevil composer as well.

Film Music Reporter (via Heroic Hollywood) has revealed that John Paesano has officially signed on to compose the film’s score. Outside of Netflix’s Daredevil TV series, Paesano’s other credits include work on the entire Maze Runner trilogy and sport dramas My All-American and When the Game Stands Tall. Paesano replaces Ramin Djawadi (Game of Thrones) as the series’ composer.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw and ash333
Do we think Boyega is a Pentecost? He hasn't mentioned it before.......

Sorry but I just cannot get hyped over this film currently will still see it though.

Jaeger-BOMB!
first look at the new Jaegers

View attachment 291614 View attachment 291613
Is that Gipsy Danger?! :OMG: :drool: Maybe an advanced/updated version! :woot: 3.0! :hungry:

Check it out @tridon @Apollon @PunkNinja @Scary Hair :thumbs:

Ohhhh boy. That Jaeger on the right looks good, but the other two... not feeling it. They look like men in armoured suits -- like something out of a video game (if this was a film adaptation of Zone of the Enders, it'd look great). And honestly, I hope that's not Gipsy in the middle. Whether it's Gipsy 3.0 or not, Gipsy is supposed to be a 'she' and that definitely looks like a 'he'.

Sorry, guys, but I'm getting a bad feeling. I think the overall design of this film will be lacking without GDT overlooking everything. :dunno:

• Helpful Post
Ohhhh boy. That Jaeger on the right looks good, but the other two... not feeling it. They look like men in armoured suits -- like something out of a video game (if this was a film adaptation of Zone of the Enders, it'd look great). And honestly, I hope that's not Gipsy in the middle. Whether it's Gipsy 3.0 or not, Gipsy is supposed to be a 'she' and that definitely looks like a 'he'.

Sorry, guys, but I'm getting a bad feeling. I think the overall design of this film will be lacking without GDT overlooking everything. :dunno:

Actually, the more I look at them, maybe the one on the right -- the one that I like -- is Gipsy Danger. The head kind of looks like her head. Maybe she's had a paint job and is the last of her kind. I'm trying here.

• Thanks
@tridon maybe they are all new? None of them are GD?

That's possible. As a hardcore PR fan, though, I'm seeing less and less PR when it comes to this new film. It needs to keep some of its original essence or else it might as well just be a new film and not a sequel. Since there's still no original characters in sight, I'm hoping Gipsy at least returns. :yawn:

Too many changes. Familiar ground establishes your audience. This is why so many sequels that have gone this route tend to fail.

Not that I'm saying this will fail or that i want it to.

• Thanks

Agree they look boring when you compare them to the first film Jaegers.

They all look the same basically just slightly different armour.

The first film they all look different and all seemed I quite and fitted there countries persona IMO

Also no Thundercloud formation :( .

The first film wasn't a Oscar film but the jaegers where so cool and different you could see Del Toro put in a huge amount of thought in to each one. Just seems like they have gone with the standard humanoid look for all three instead of giant fightin robots.

• Thanks
At least the logo sticks to the original film.

Also, Charlie Day has officially revealed that he will be returning as Newt... though he said this film is very much about the new characters and that he's just there to be a thread between the original and the sequel.