Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
True Grit
War of the Worlds
World War Z

!paramount.png

paramount.jpg

Last edited:
Was really hoping they'd go for the "blindfold" art with Minority Report. Oh well.

Maybe I'll switch out my SPR metalpak with a steelbook. Wonder if it's the 2-disc?

I'm really happy about this wave. At least we are getting catalog titles from a studio other than Warner Bros. here in the US. (The Anchor Bay releases this summer were a nice change of pace.) These steels remind me of the old Play.com exclusives, from artwork, to price. It's an okay medium-quality wave IMO.

@dfoles Your local BB tops mine. I walked in at 1105 and no fixture was setup anywhere lol. I'll have to stop by before they close tonight, it looked like they taking down one to set up this one I assume. But didn't have time to stick around.

@dfoles Your local BB tops mine. I walked in at 1105 and no fixture was setup anywhere lol. I'll have to stop by before they close tonight, it looked like they taking down one to set up this one I assume. But didn't have time to stick around.

I actually took that pic and within like 2/3 minutes they added the price stickers for each one. So I dunno how long it had been up, but it was up when I walked in at 11:03

These are some really low quality releases. The artwork is low res and look terrible with the black outlines (?) Nothing compared to the Original releases. Seems the US always gets screwed with cheap, No Interior artwork, No embossing or Debossing and just plain old re releases from else where. Fine for New collector's but most of us already have these:)

These are some really low quality releases. The artwork is low res and look terrible with the black outlines (?) Nothing compared to the Original releases. Seems the US always gets screwed with cheap, No Interior artwork, No embossing or Debossing and just plain old re releases from else where. Fine for New collector's but most of us already have these:)

Well, these do have interior artwork so they are improving. I stopped by and my BB had the same display. Seems Minority Report may be the one to look out for since it had the least amount of copies left. My copy had a scratch on the corner seem. Nothing too big, but still annoying.

Reactions: ocielz
The more I look at minority report the more it makes me want to buy the UK one. Possibly sticking the bestbuy back onto the UK front..but then the inside artwork would look weird because half would have art and the other half wouldn't lol. I really dig the front of the UK one even though it has printed logo.

Anyways, I think I will get war of the worlds at least.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
So do these all have interior artwork? Thinking of Minority Report and True Grit since I have no copies of those at all and possibly a double dip on Top Gun and maybe GI Joe.

I grabbed Godfather part II and True Grit with my Captain America this morning (a friend also picked me up top gun and minority report). I might mostly be done grabbing from this wave as a lot of re-releases of ones I already have granted some as metalpak or futurepaks. I already have Transformers 3, godfather, saving private ryan, MI 4 (uk), Star Trek, Star Trek 2, World War Z (uk), GI Joe and Jack Reacher (korea). That really just leaves me grabbing the first 2 transformers (have them in the original US G1s might be nice to have the whole G2 set) and War of the Worlds.