Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
True Grit
War of the Worlds
World War Z

!paramount.png

paramount.jpg

Last edited:
Wow after holding these in hand I must say, I am EXTREMELY disappointed! Very cheap looking, and the SUPER low res image on True Grit is a damn shame. With all that being said I was still very tempted to get The Godfather 1 & 2 BUT with no 3rd part being released, I had to pass on the whole wave. New collectors will love these though...just not for me

Reactions: ocielz
Wow after holding these in hand I must say, I am EXTREMELY disappointed! Very cheap looking, and the SUPER low res image on True Grit is a damn shame. With all that being said I was still very tempted to get The Godfather 1 & 2 BUT with no 3rd part being released, I had to pass on the whole wave. New collectors will love these though...just not for me

I dont even get excited anymore for US steelbook waves, especially when I hear they're only $12. Not since the days of the Disney wave of '09 or perhaps the Resident Evil steelbooks has there been a true quality wave. Ever since that Warner Bros wave a couple of years ago did I start seeing cheap quality steelbooks. At the time I thought, well its cause they cost less and at least new releases still get quality treatment, unfortunately that same cheap treatment has spilled over to new releases nowadays. Enders Game from Target looks like it could've been part of this wave and that didn't even have inside artwork. If some like these, good for them, its just kind of frustrating that these could be better.

Reactions: Bluprint and ocielz
I'm not sure why these are getting such flak? They are glossy, have inside and back artwork, and are only $12. The only features missing that could improve them would be 3D, when applicable, and debossing. Other than that they are as good, or better, than some $30-$40 steel books I own.

Reactions: charleybusko
Ok what is everyones thoughts on these say versus the futurepaks they already released of them? I grabbed Godfather part II, true grit, top gun and minority report as those were completely new to me. The rest of the wave is rehashes or now released steelbooks instead of futurepaks or metalpaks or whatever you want to call them. Saving private ryan and the Godfather I bought as the metalpaks. GI Joe and Star Trek Into Darkness I got when the originally released these as steelbooks, I think the first star trek I got was a metalpak from walmart I'd have to check. I mean seems utterly silly to double dip to go from metalpak to steelbook.

I am considering the first 2 transformers (got the 3rd one as the metalpak) because I have the old FYE G1 steelbooks of those and it might be nice to have a complete 4 movie set when the 4th movie comes out and then also maybe the war of the worlds. I have passed on that World War Z a number of times along with Django Unchained as I had the uk one of World War Z and the original target release of Django. I have the korean Jack Reacher that looks exactly the same so that seems silly too.

I probably should have grabbed the two transformers today but instead went with Young Frankenstein and the Evil Dead steelbook (I had a $25 reward coupon), hope these don't vanish from the shelves super fast like last years Halloween line did. Give me sometime to buy them at least.

Get em all sirdizzy! I do have a hunch though that the 4th movie steelbook would be borderless (unlike the first trilogy with black borders)?

I am considering the first 2 transformers (got the 3rd one as the metalpak) because I have the old FYE G1 steelbooks of those and it might be nice to have a complete 4 movie set when the 4th movie comes out

Got SPR and Minority Report to replace the metalpak and amaray, respectively. These are probably the best "cheapo" steels I've bought.

Grabbed the first transformers as I had a $5 coupon I guess I better grab 2 now maybe even 3 not sure how the set will look with one metalpak in it.

I ended up with a $25 reward coupon so grabbed the second one and a War of the Worlds, question is do I stick with my metalpak for 3 or get the steel so they all match.