Paramount Wave (Blu-ray Metalpaks) (Walmart Exclusive) [Canada]

stinkofdefeat

On "Vacation"
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
N.B., Canada
Saw these tonight at my local Wal-Mart here in Canada, they are part of the "Father's Day" displays in the electronics section. Was surprised cause I didn't hear anything about these and then I noticed they were metal-paks not steelbooks, so that's why I didn't know about them beforehand as I hardly ever check this section of the forum.

Anyways, they are in Canada so Canuck Ninja's can get their hads on them too. They are $15 CAD a piece though. Quality is a little dodgy, which is always the case with metal-paks.

I almost purchased Godfather and Deep Impact, but decided against it as I have already seen the films and will wait for a better quality release.

Deep Impact
Saving Private Ryan
The Godfather
Mission Impossible 1
Mission Impossible 4
The Hunt for Red October
Patriot Games
Transformers
Transformers 3
War of the Worlds

No Embossing, does have inner art.

Last edited:
Reactions: nemesis45 and Kuzco
saw these at wal-mart too, I didn't like the spines. Not a fan of the way they open and close and the way the spine sticks out on the side. I might pick up Ghost Protocol cause it does look really sick, and maybe The Godfather cause I love that film but that's it. Then again I may pass on both and try to get legit steelbook versions of them

This is hard to describe. Paramount has found a cache in their warehouse of old exclusive SteelBooks in small quantities. These old SteelBooks are all leftovers from old runs, waves, or exclusives from launch.
I am going to push for most of them to be in the original wrapping wherever possible.
Up to 10 titles will be available.

Officially we are calling it: Classic SteelBook Line

Release date: September 19th, 2014
Purchase link: TBA
Price: $9.99 to $12.99

To be clear, a lot of these titles are in the current Paramount line at HMV CA and BBY USA, these are NOT the same products and were produced an unknown amount of time ago.
MORE TITLES TO COME
Title, Origin, Finish, Units:
-Deep Impact, Unknown, Unknown
-Godfather Part 1, Unknown, Unknown
-The Hunt for Red October, Unknown, Unknown
-Mission Impossible 1, Unknown, Unknown
-Patriot Games, Unknown, Unknown
-Saving Private Ryan, Unknown, Unknown
-Transformers 1,Unknown, Unknown
-Transformers 3, Unknown, Unknown
-War of the Worlds, Unknown, Unknown

paramount.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good... How old are we talking with these? Would be nice to see a huge pile of Transformers 2 :p

I'm unsure of how old the actual prints of each of these are. I've seen the list, but I'd rather keep it private until I know more about each title. No Transformers 2 lol ;)

The movies themselves are less than 9 years old and a lot of the runs are from the street date.

Reactions: XXHAPPY GILMORE
Wow @zerox39 ! This is huge! As far as I remember, Paramount released the biggest SB hits in Star Trek 2009, Indy 4, Tranformers 2 & Iron Man (all FS exclusives I might add)

@rj531 I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some really cool older Steels.

Let me make it clear, Iron Man 1 is NOT in this cache lol

Hahaha! One can only hope. Was too late with the SB game for that. I will be happy with the original Star Wars 09 or Indy! Just checked the Paramount lineup of SB (excluding the recent wave) the only others left was Jack Ryan, GI Joe Retaliation, Anchorman 1&2, Wolf of Wall Street (all recent Walmart exclusives), STID (both FS, WM) & Noah & True Grit (FS)