Paramount Wave (Blu-ray MetalPaks)(Walmart Exclusive) [USA]

Oct 22, 2011
So a member on BD forum posted this in the hot deals forum his name is kaye
Does anyone her have any info on

Hey everyone, just wanted to let yall know that next week Walmart (should be most if not all) will be setting a new mod for some steelbooks. I'm not sure how many titles we will be getting,I'll have the full list either sat or sun, but I'll post any new ones we get till then. Here's the ones that came in today, the price for all of them so far is $12.96.

MI-I
MI-Ghost Protocol
Transformers 1
Transformers 2
Deep Impact
Saving Private Ryan
The Godfather
War of the Worlds
The Hunt for Red October
Patriot Games

Thanks to White Rat for posting pictures.
IMG_20130430_085104.jpg

IMG_20130430_085202.jpg

IMG_20130430_085220.jpg

IMG_20130430_085231.jpg

IMG_20130430_085303.jpg

IMG_20130430_085055.jpg

IMG_20130430_085249.jpg

IMG_20130430_085042.jpg

IMG_20130430_085211.jpg

Thanks to snooloui for posting pics of the spines:

View attachment 32740

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Metalpaks were obsolete here in the states? Wasnt there a big fiasco with Disney releasing Metalpaks and Scanavo halted that:confused:

Disney history in the USA

1) Snow White & 7 Dwarves - empty Steelbook
2) Disney Best Buy wave - steelbooks - Pinocchio, Pirates, etc.
3) Beauty & the Beast (& others) - empty ironpack (made by BDMO)
4) Avengers, Nemo, Brave - empty viva metalbox (made by Viva)

Both ironpack and metalbox can no longer be sold in the USA due to copyright infringement on Glud & Marstrand's steelbook design.

Metalpaks have existed for years and have been sold mostly in Europe, because of the unique design of their spine and the hinge mechanism.

Metalpaks have been few and far between, though occasionally released in the USA - I cannot recall a time when there has ever been a Disney metalpak discussed or announced.

Remember, this is what Steelbook vs. Ironpack vs Metalpak look like at the spine level (thanks to BSB, our sister site)

steelspine.jpg

ironpackspine.jpg

metalpakspinesmallest.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: gaeljet
Disney history in the USA

1) Snow White & 7 Dwarves - empty Steelbook
2) Disney Best Buy wave - steelbooks - Pinocchio, Pirates, etc.
3) Beauty & the Beast (& others) - empty ironpack (made by BDMO)
4) Avengers, Nemo, Brave - empty viva metalbox (made by Viva)

Both ironpack and metalbox can no longer be sold in the USA due to copyright infringement on Glud & Marstrand's steelbook design.

Metalpaks have existed for years and have been sold mostly in Europe, because of the unique design of their spine and the hinge mechanism.

Metalpaks have been few and far between, though occasionally released in the USA - I cannot recall a time when there has ever been a Disney metalpak discussed or announced.

That's what I got confused about, Metalpaks and Ironpaks:eek:
Sorry for the confusion:(

Reactions: apsmith21
Steel case is what the sticker on the side of the box said lol.

Guess they want to be called that now ... or eat off the steelbook name? ;p

I've always referred to steel cases as the metal slip sleeves that AU got from Viva.

Reactions: ash333
Has anyone got a picture of the spines on these particular ones. They look a lot like Viva Metalboxes (NOT Metalpaks). Especially with the embossed framing on the cover.

Has anyone got a picture of the spines on these particular ones. They look a lot like Viva Metalboxes (NOT Metalpaks). Especially with the embossed framing on the cover.

Viva can't be sold in the USA, so it won't be that.

Second, I believe Eric (White Rat) might get us pics soon.

Keep checking back for updates.

Well I see these being used for shelf liners and makeshift step stools for walmart employess as they will collect dust for months then get frisbeed into a sale bucket. Such a disappointment :sigh: