Paramount Wave (Blu-ray MetalPaks)(Walmart Exclusive) [USA]

Oct 22, 2011
So a member on BD forum posted this in the hot deals forum his name is kaye
Does anyone her have any info on

Hey everyone, just wanted to let yall know that next week Walmart (should be most if not all) will be setting a new mod for some steelbooks. I'm not sure how many titles we will be getting,I'll have the full list either sat or sun, but I'll post any new ones we get till then. Here's the ones that came in today, the price for all of them so far is $12.96.

MI-I
MI-Ghost Protocol
Transformers 1
Transformers 2
Deep Impact
Saving Private Ryan
The Godfather
War of the Worlds
The Hunt for Red October
Patriot Games

Thanks to White Rat for posting pictures.
IMG_20130430_085104.jpg

IMG_20130430_085202.jpg

IMG_20130430_085220.jpg

IMG_20130430_085231.jpg

IMG_20130430_085303.jpg

IMG_20130430_085055.jpg

IMG_20130430_085249.jpg

IMG_20130430_085042.jpg

IMG_20130430_085211.jpg

Thanks to snooloui for posting pics of the spines:

View attachment 32740

Last edited by a moderator:
sucks they're not steelbooks, but I'll be buying a few of them. I think they look nice and are definitely upgrades over amaray.

sucks they're not steelbooks, but I'll be buying a few of them. I think they look nice and are definitely upgrades over amaray.

All of them have much superior Steelbooks other than Deep Impact. I don't see the point in buying an inferior product just because they are a few $ cheaper. Plus do you really want to be encouraging retailers/studios to release Metalpaks instead of Steelbooks?

Reactions: FanOfGaming
All of them have much superior Steelbooks other than Deep Impact. I don't see the point in buying an inferior product just because they are a few $ cheaper. Plus do you really want to be encouraging retailers/studios to release Metalpaks instead of Steelbooks?

I already occasionally buy metalpaks from the EU & China, why wouldn't I buy locally?

And, I do very much see the point in buying a cheap, but nice looking edition of a movie. I will purchase these in hopes they will release more titles in metalpak. Scanavo U.S.A. could use the competition.

The only ones i would consider getting are "Deep Impact"and "The Godfather", primerily because "Deep Impact" has never had a release other than amaray, and "The Godfather" because its my fav... ;) however wont even be comparable to the play.com trillogy edition...

Its also poor that they havent got one origional artwork in there...

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

The spine looks exactly as IM2 Target exclusive

Thats beacause IM2 target excl. was also a metalpak, but that was early days when the quality was better (lenticular cover and numbered)... :)

These things dent even easier than Steelbooks, imo and unless there is some additional employee training on how to stock, store these ( and not slam them on the counter when checking someone out) and a different philosophy in taking care of these kinds of apecial eds, at Retail stores in general, there may be quite a few damaged ones. Target sat for quite a while on their 30k of IM2 and quite afew arrived damaged because of inadequate packaging and the sensitive nature of Metal Paks. I really wish Paramount had gone with Steels instead. Oh well, savings for me. And here is to hoping Paramount will change direction down the road..would have liked an embossed Deep Impact Steelbook and maybe a few others...

:::: Digitalbabe ::::

Staff/Community Manager
Hidefninja.com

Last edited:
Reactions: MK50
Is there a ninja working for WallMart here or having an internal contact to get some mint copies? Personally I just would like to get my hand on Deep Impact...
Anyone willing to help?...

I can see that people would prefer a steelbook over these, but as two movies I like - The Hunt For Red October and Patriot Games - don't have English language steelbooks I will buy them for my collection. And ninjas forget, being collectors, that the great unwashed may buy then because they are relatively inexpensive and different, and they won't worry much about dents.

I'm worried now because I don't return to the US until the 19th or so...I don't want to miss the ones I want!

It's ironic that as crappy as these MetalPacks are, they have inside artwork unlike the WB steels that officially street on May 7th.

Picked up transformers 2 hunt for the red october and deep impact. These are my first metalpaks and as much as i appreciate the inside art the spine is killing me. I cant do it