Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: 6th of April, 2015
Price: £15.99
Purchase Link (LIVE): POTC: At World's End
Limited to 3K.

11070534-1421414480-427496.jpg

11070534-1421414480-427257.jpg 11070534-1421414480-427414.jpg 11070534-1421414480-427488.jpg 11070534-1421414480-427293.jpg 11070534-1421414480-427284.jpg

Other editions:
Curse of the Black Pearl || Dead Man Chest || At World's End

Last edited:
I think, if those of us who don't like them held back on ordering then there may be a chance for them to enlarge the pics on the back. . But I have a feeling some will order regardless of the cheap silly looking back art.. sad but true. We shall see. . Disney can be difficult once something has been signed off on. Wish zavvi had argued "I'm not bloody seeling this in my shop, collectors won't like it, go back and do it again" I can dream lol :)

Bigger pictures are not enough. Even the artworks on the back are boring(are a part iof the front). the must use the nice Jolly Roger artworks for the back.

Do you know no contact adresses of Disney Home Entertzeinment Uk?
Which is the corrdect Zavvi contact adress for this thungs?

Reactions: chunk
so much moaning about these latest potc collection don't really see what all the fuss is about the art work is not that bad i quite like them and it is just some more to add to my every growing disney collection to many people comparing them to the future shop releases but there not future shop so just move on lol

Reactions: PoisonClan
Bigger pictures are not enough. Even the artworks on the back are boring(are a part iof the front). the must use the nice Jolly Roger artworks for the back.

Do you know no contact adresses of Disney Home Entertzeinment Uk?
Which is the corrdect Zavvi contact adress for this thungs?

new back artwork would be preferable, however, I don't see that happening. Enlarging the already approved artwork would be more likely to happen. I think the fronts will look nice embossed and glossed though.

Sorry, I don't know the email you're looking for :-(

Reactions: harry
if you don't like it skip it...why bother to moan it here...

I think it's just the first day for seeing the artwork and the disappointment that goes with it. Then we'll accept it and move on.. I think a lot of people we're hoping for these to be released, so you can understand the disappointment of seeing the back art. Also, when we double dip for a steel, we tend to have high hopes. :)

The artwork feels kinda lazy to me. The back art looks like they didn't have a high resolution picture, so they decided to use a wider border for it. The only reason I am considering to buy these is that I don't have them in my collection already.

Can we add a poll in all three threads? If there is enough negative feedback, they might change the artwork, if they aren't already in production. Happened before, why not this time?

@chunk,
its very possibple that the artworks I proposed are approved. They are the official poster artworks. And the artwork from part 2 are the same artwork that Future Shop(or best Buy?) use for their steelbook.

@nefilim, the problem is, that Disney is very lazy on steelbook releases. The only other steelbooks for this films are the Ca steelbooks 4-5 years before. So we have no really alternatives. :-(

@DonTorleone, great idea.

Im for three options.
1. Dont change the artwork, its all good.

2. The artwork is disappointing, please change the backartwork(for example the Jolly Roger artworks for the back are way better):

9467_2.jpg pirates_of_the_caribbean_dead_mans_chest_xlg.jpg Pirates_of_the_Caribbean-_The_Curse_of_the_Black_Pearl_Teaser_Poster.JPG

3. The artwork is disappointing, please change front and back(for example the Jolly Roger skulls for all three films as frontcover-full embossed and the pictures on the back in full size).

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: jimmyv and chunk