Plain Archive - SteelBook Retailer Thread [Korea]

Please discuss shipping, customer service, availability etc about this retailer here.

Plain Archive.png

FAQ:

Q) What is their website address?
A) http://plainarchive.com/

Q) Where in the world are they located?
A) South Korea

Q) I don't speak Korean, how can I place an order?
A) They provide an English language version of their website.

Q) Do they ship outside of Korea?
A) Yes, they ship internationally.

Q) Returns/Exchange policy?
A) http://plainarchive.com/pages/refund-policy

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) A sturdy cardboard box with 2 layers of bubble wrap around the item.

Q) Do they declare a low custom value to prevent a customs fee in my country?
A) They do not officially offer this service, this is due to legal reasons. They do however state they will keep value down the best they can. See for more details: http://plainarchive.com/pages/on-import-duties-taxes

Last edited:
Great podcast by Hyunhu Jang (@hyunhujang) and Adrián (@crtv.amigo)

https://soundcloud.com/user-405748353-504163552/podcast-1

with some information about Oldboy ;)
Just listening to this now... really interesting listen! It still surprises me that there's only three guys running PlainArchive... they obviously work very hard and well together, as they're the best out there IMO. I'm actually glad that they delayed the release of Old Boy for the documentary too... these guys always aim for the best and give their full 100% to every project. Such a great company! :)

Movies distributed by Plain Archive

5 Oscars
19 Oscar nominations
3 Golden Globe nominations
912 Wins
1584 nominations
(according to IMDB)

#001: Melancholia // 32 wins & 85 nominations
#002: The Wrestler // Nominated for 2 Oscars. Another 53 wins & 77 nominations.
#003: King of Pigs // 3 wins & 4 nominations.
#004: Blue is the Warmest Color // Nominated for 1 Golden Globe. Another 83 wins & 92 nominations.
#005: I Saw The Devil // 15 wins & 15 nominations.
#006: The Master // Nominated for 3 Oscars. Another 75 wins & 177 nominations.
#007: Zero Dark Thirty // Won 1 Oscar. Another 84 wins & 161 nominations.
#008: Rust and Bone // Nominated for 2 Golden Globes. Another 32 wins & 67 nominations.
#009: Searching for Sugar Man // Won 1 Oscar. Another 37 wins & 30 nominations.
#010: Only Lovers Left Alive // 9 wins & 37 nominations.
#011: Om Shanti Om // 32 wins & 21 nominations.
#012: Ida // Won 1 Oscar. Another 64 wins & 80 nominations.
#013: Two Days, One Night // Nominated for 1 Oscar. Another 37 wins & 72 nominations.
#014: Frank // 13 wins & 14 nominations.
#015: Ernest & Celestine // Nominated for 1 Oscar. Another 14 wins & 11 nominations.
#016: Becoming Jane // 3 wins & 6 nominations.
#017: Still Alice // Won 1 Oscar. Another 26 wins & 31 nominations.
#018: Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy // Nominated for 3 Oscars. Another 34 wins & 86 nominations.
#019: A Most Wanted Man // 2 wins & 5 nominations.
#020: The Imitation Game // Won 1 Oscar. Another 43 wins & 143 nominations.
#022: Foxcatcher // Nominated for 5 Oscars. Another 11 wins & 71 nominations.
#023: I Killed My Mother // 27 wins & 13 nominations.
#0??: Oldboy // 24 wins & 14 nominations.
#0??: Sicario // Nominated for 3 Oscars. Another 9 wins & 109 nominations.
#0??: The Act of Killing // Nominated for 1 Oscar. Another 50 wins & 40 nominations.
#0??: The Immigrant // 15 wins & 30 nominations.
#0??: Ip Man 1+2 // 17 wins & 21 nominations.
#0??: Still Walking (2008) // 11 wins & 8 nominations.
#0??: An (aka Sweet Red Bean) // 5 wins & 5 nominations.
#0??: Mommy (2014) // 47 wins & 58 nominations.
#0??: Crying Fist // 3 wins.
#0??: Rudderless // 1 win.
#0??: A Midsummer's Fantasia // 1 win & 1 nomination.
#0??: It's Only the End of the World // -

Reactions: 1990ge and spass
I Hope this iS the right Spot to Post it.

Read this on Facebook:

We're excited to announce the official launch of Plain Archive's sub-brand Plain Selective.

Unlike Plain Archive, Plain Selective will focus on mainstream films of bigger scale and bigger budget as well as a wide variety of genres.

Plain Selective will include releases which the home video sales rights are owned by a different company. The making of these releases will not be controlled by us. Instead, Plain Selective releases are going to be a joint effort between Plain and a partner.

Please note that Plain's main focus will still be Plain Archive. Therefore, Plain Selective could see as little as one or two releases a year.

This official launch of Plain Selective is what you might call an experiment, one of our ways of dealing with the diminishing state of the Blu-ray market. Between Plain and our partners, we'll be taking appropriate measures on our human resources to ensure Plain Archive meets its future release schedule. In other words, Plain Selective will be our second priority, with random release patterns.

By working with Lotte Entertainment and Video Travel, Terminator Genisys (2015) is going to be released as a Steelbook this May.

We'll be posting detailed updates on Terminator Genisys Steelbook as soon as we get Paramount's approval.

Thank you.

Source: Facebook Post by PA

@PlainArchive

Please buy the rights of Victoria (2015 - Sebastian Schipper)
This movie deserves much more praise and a broader audience then they had until now. The Director and crew achieved something very unique. Shooting a movie which is taken in one continous shot of 2 hours and 18 minutes. Above that, all characters are convincing and its a fresh breath of air. No Hollywood sauce, no cgi, no after effects, just raw camera work at its finest.

Source:FB Post

[FYI] Some unsold limited editions are returning to us from Korean local retailers. So they're available now.

FRANK: Design B(Lenticular Full Slip) - 8 copies
Ernest & Celestine : Design A - 15 copies
Northface DVDPRIME edition - 12 copies

www.plainarchive.com

Question: Is the reason Terminator Genisys Plain Selective is not listed on the forum due to it being from the "Selective" range? Considering it is being released this month I was wondering why it is not on the forum :whistle:

Question: Is the reason Terminator Genisys Plain Selective is not listed on the forum due to it being from the "Selective" range? Considering it is being released this month I was wondering why it is not on the forum :whistle:

Not sure I'm following you. :emb:

The release is listed in the steelbook forum. :) Or do you mean something entirely different?

Reactions: digitalbabe
Does anyone know what happened to the Oldboy thread? Seems to have gone as I've seen a few tweets indicating news is forthcoming through another site.