Play.com - SteelBook Retailer Thread [Europe]

play.gif
Please feel free to discuss/chat whatever it could be steelbook related to Play.com.

Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Important:
This store only ships to specific countrys in Europe. If you want to buy from this store, you need a contact OR join a specific Group Buy.

Packaging exemple: (tx to Acid)
View attachment 14139

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lgans316
Massive sale on at the moment! But it is anyone else having trouble checking out? I've added a few steels to my basket and then I click "view basket" and it says nothings in it :wtf:

Massive sale on at the moment! But it is anyone else having trouble checking out? I've added a few steels to my basket and then I click "view basket" and it says nothings in it :wtf:

I never had any issues, I ordered Bourne Legacy, Die Hard and Armageddon. Order went through ok. Tried adding some steels to basket there and it's still working for me.

Not sure what the issue may be, but you could maybe try another browser?

I'm having the same problem. I feel I'm going to miss out on some great prices.

[Update] I missed out on some. I missed out on North by Northwest and Maltese Falcon Steelbooks for £6.29. They doubled in price while in my basket. Still got some really good deals though, so I'm still very happy.

Last edited:
A sad day for me - ordered Bourne Legacy and Armageddon on Monday when they were on discount, and they despatched same day.
Came home from being away in London for the week to find a MyHermes card in the door, which said;

Flat 1
Outside front
door (this was separate, further down, where a phone number should go)

Trouble is, that means it was left outside the building, as they front door leads to a hallway that all 4 flats lead off.
It had no date, no order number, nothing.

Today, went online, Play had order tracking which links to the MyHermes site, and it states;

28/02/2013 12:09 Delivered to Secure Location

:hilarious:

Um, left outside? Secure, I think not.
Rang Play, to their credit, Debbie in CS was delightful. Rang the couriers, who say they left it behind our wheelie bins. Even less secure, as that's in full view of the street.
Suffice to say, none of the other flats have it, it's not there (behind or in any of the bins).

Outcome;
- Play out of stock
- full refund given

But it's made me sad, so I share my tale with you faceless bunch.
Le sigh :(

A sad day for me - ordered Bourne Legacy and Armageddon on Monday when they were on discount, and they despatched same day.
Came home from being away in London for the week to find a MyHermes card in the door, which said;

Flat 1
Outside front
door (this was separate, further down, where a phone number should go)

Trouble is, that means it was left outside the building, as they front door leads to a hallway that all 4 flats lead off.
It had no date, no order number, nothing.

Today, went online, Play had order tracking which links to the MyHermes site, and it states;

28/02/2013 12:09 Delivered to Secure Location

:hilarious:

Um, left outside? Secure, I think not.
Rang Play, to their credit, Debbie in CS was delightful. Rang the couriers, who say they left it behind our wheelie bins. Even less secure, as that's in full view of the street.
Suffice to say, none of the other flats have it, it's not there (behind or in any of the bins).

Outcome;
- Play out of stock
- full refund given

But it's made me sad, so I share my tale with you faceless bunch.
Le sigh :(

They probably ended up IN the bins!

I don't think i've had anything delivered by Hermes before. Anything i order on Play gets delivered by Royal Snail..

Reactions: bealay and peajay
I ordered ted & goldeneye last Monday.

On 28, out for delievery to courier. The a few hours later, not recieved by courier & then a couple of hours after "Pre advice needed".

It's been stuck on that ever since. Contacted Play Friday and they say Hermes can confirm on 28th that courier hadn't recieved & that they have to allow to the 4th before giving me a refund or replacement.

Ted & goldeneye are now out of stock so I should be a getting a full refund back. Now I have to spent nearly double to get both :(

I ordered ted & goldeneye last Monday.

On 28, out for delievery to courier. The a few hours later, not recieved by courier & then a couple of hours after "Pre advice needed".

It's been stuck on that ever since. Contacted Play Friday and they say Hermes can confirm on 28th that courier hadn't recieved & that they have to allow to the 4th before giving me a refund or replacement.

Ted & goldeneye are now out of stock so I should be a getting a full refund back. Now I have to spent nearly double to get both :(

hmmm im in the same boat, ordered 6 steelbooks when they went on sale and were sent on 27th via herpes, my order got stuck at "Preadvice update" and when i called play they said hermes cannot find the package and refunded me today, also gave me 1000 superpoints for my troubles but im still pissed as all the titles i ordered are now OOS :angry:

I think they may nearly have used up their stock of mailing boxes. I just received two steelbooks, from separate orders, squeezed into a single disc mailing box..........luckily they were fine.

just received my Ted steel I ordered when the price was down, and got two very noticeable scratches and a few smaller marks. The one on the front was under the shrink wrap, with the wrap intact, and the other one was under the j-card.

dsc04517.jpg

dsc04519.jpg

Should I contact play about this? Since they no longer have them in stock, what are my options?

just received my Ted steel I ordered when the price was down, and got two very noticeable scratches and a few smaller marks. The one on the front was under the shrink wrap, with the wrap intact, and the other one was under the j-card.

dsc04517.jpg

dsc04519.jpg

Should I contact play about this? Since they no longer have them in stock, what are my options?

It's your choice, you can either keep it, or return it to Play for a refund. They can't replace it because they don't have any, and won't be re-stocking.

The scratches appear to be a manufacturing fault that is very common with this title, wherever you order it from.

Seems play doesn't want to sell the rest of their steelbooks. No price reduces at all...
I thought they shut down in March??

I just went to play and most of the steelbooks are sold out like Mission impossible 1-3, Forest gump, War of the Worlds, Zulu, Collateral etc etc

Bye bye play, :(