Play.com - SteelBook Retailer Thread [Europe]

play.gif
Please feel free to discuss/chat whatever it could be steelbook related to Play.com.

Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Important:
This store only ships to specific countrys in Europe. If you want to buy from this store, you need a contact OR join a specific Group Buy.

Packaging exemple: (tx to Acid)
View attachment 14139

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lgans316
My view is that Play have possibly transferred their stock over to their new operation as resellers, with the potential that the setup also involves the much awaited Indianna Jones releases.

Great deal on Snow White Collectors Set at Sainsburys for £12!

seems like you don't get my point ! there was NO SALES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAAAAAAAAAAAAAALES :p

Play.com are not obliged to mark down all their stock if they don't want to.

If you were waiting for those to drop in price before you purchased, then that's the gamble you take. Now the third party sellers will heavily inflate the prices of those titles and they will cost you even more.

:hilarious: the warning came months ago. Can't expect them to flog their stock half price when they were struggling financially anyway.

they did have sales on different steels over the past month and play.com wasn't struggling financially

I'm sure they'll come down in price. The other Play.com exclusives Zavvi stocked were eventually offered for good prices.

Yep, & at hugely inflated prices too EEK!

The Mission Impossible Steelbooks are £19.99 - they were £10.99 at Play !

Cool down mate. Check out Black hawk, zombieland and Bad Boys and Fox Steels, you will change your opinion about inflated pricing at zavvi. What irks me is the pricing of the upcoming Paramount Steelbooks (10.99 --> 14.99). Think us in the UK are absorbing the cost on behalf of importers.

I think the days of £9.99 or £10.99 steels are gone. :(

+1 Before the play specials last year you were normally looking at a MINIMUM of £14.99 per Steel, some were considerably higher and had no inside art and only 1 disc to boot. Personal opinion is that whilst you may get some waves a touch cheaper say £12.95, most will retail at £14.95.

It'll be a very brave man who confirms that statement! ;)

With regards to BR, it needs to rise in value before it can be devalued in any way. My feeling is it won't get a re-release as it's a niche title.

in the end it seems play has given up on steels and indeed amazon and zavvi took over. maybe the rumours i heard back then seemed false but its so surprising how things ended being....haha
i just hope these two dont ruin the market with re releases and 8k+ prints