Play to close down their retail business...what does this mean for UK steelbooks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonpeat

Premium Supporter
Jan 23, 2012
Newcastle, UK
Sorry if this is the wrong place but as it directly affects steelbooks (especially exclusives) in the UK I thought it would be a good heads up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-20953357

The news saddens me as Play were one of the best steelbook retailers. Their packaging and exclusives were second to none. I just hope someone picks up the baton........amazon I'm looking at you!

Have to agree about play's customer service - I had a real run of bad luck with damaged steels from them but they were replaced no problem and they issued me the equivalent of £10 worth of play points. I miss them and really wish there was another more professional online retailer to provide steelbook competition for zavvi. Their customer service is simply woeful.

Reactions: Flip
me too I miss play zavvi does quite the same kind of exclusives steelies with same print runs but the cost went much expensive : average +40 % :(

If Zavvi took some of the great customer service that Play.com was known for, lowered their prices, and managed print runs a little better, they would be excellent for steelbooks!

Status
Not open for further replies.