PS3/PS4 PlayStation Home is closing

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
The service has been running since 2008 and while it never took off with some, according to Sony "tens of millions of users around the world have grown the social gaming platform into a thriving community of creative and enthusiastic gamers."

Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on the 12th of November, 2014, although gamers in Europe will be able to download content until the 3rd of December, 2014.

"As a token of our tremendous gratitude to the community, we will also be releasing a series of free content prior to the platforms closure on the 31st of March, 2015," says Sony.

"We would like to thank all of our fans for their support of the PlayStation Home platform over the years," added the company.

FAQ

Q: What happens to all of the PlayStation Home content that I have earned and bought?

A: PlayStation Home fans will still be able to download content until 26th November 2014. You will be able to use any content you have earned and bought in PlayStation Home right up until the 31st of March 2015.

Q: Am I entitled to a refund?

A: Due to the progressive and innovative nature of the gaming industry, PlayStation is unable to refund on legacy platform or service experiences.

Q: Is PlayStation Home or a similar service coming to PlayStation 4?

A: There are no plans for PlayStation Home to come to PlayStation 4. PlayStation 4 is a powerful next generation console with the connective capability to offer gamers an outstanding social gaming and community experience in brand new ways.

Attachments

• home.png
    home.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 95
Do any of you still use Home? I can't remember the last time I used it... I'd forgotten it even existed if I'm honest.

I hope they remove it so i don't keep clicking on the icon by mistake when trying to go to the store.Home was all the rave.....in 2007.I'm glad to see them cutting this off.Maybe they can spend the time and resources somewhere else.