Point Break (1991) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [France]

Feb 13, 2022
Release date: July 5, 2024
Purchase link: Amazon FR
Price: €35.10

81RIvXw4VsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

8187BCysgnL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This cover has got me thinking about when the sun is coming to an end, knowing that it will swell into a red giant and wondering what it will look like on earth as it approaches. Oh and I think the colours suck.

I like the colours. Sadly, it'll look awful if the treatment is streaky.
Looks better than the original blue. So boring that colour on that poster. Never liked it. But yeah the finish will break this. Would look superb in gloss

Reactions: TheWildEye
Looks too sunny, but I guess it fits.
Do you all think it'll be around for a sale, like €20, or will likely sell out?
I got the US one so don't really need this one...

Well I didn't get the Shout release because it was expensive and didn't get the president masks steelbook with living in UK so i'm hoping this means we could get a steelbook here.

Well it's showing as unavailable on amazon.fr for me.

Edit: Sorry, do you mean amazon.fr aren't shipping it to the UK?
You can never preorder from amazon france to UK addresses. It always shows as "unavailable" until it's in stock. Often happens with amazon Germany too.

Reactions: I'm Spartacus
Get it on fnac and just use the language translator.
Oh I won’t be ordering it. I’m not massive on the film. Sold my zavvi copy years ago. But out of what’s available this and The illustrated steel are the best

Reactions: JGCramp
I like the colours. Sadly, it'll look awful if the treatment is streaky.
I think Metropolitan steelbooks are often glossy. But even if it’s matte I’ve anecdotally found that streaky matte is much more commonly found with US steelbooks, whereas European ones that I’ve purchased have tended to have a higher quality matte. Maybe the one European outlier in my collection is the French I am Legen steelbook, which I think is a somewhat streaky (I haven’t looked at it in a while).

Reactions: TheWildEye
I think Metropolitan steelbooks are often glossy. But even if it’s matte I’ve anecdotally found that streaky matte is much more commonly found with US steelbooks, whereas European ones that I’ve purchased have tended to have a higher quality matte. Maybe the one European outlier in my collection is the French I am Legen steelbook, which I think is a somewhat streaky (I haven’t looked at it in a while).
It's a shame Amazon Fr block pre orders from the UK.
I'll order from FNAC. Wish it was coming sooner. Gorgeous colours.