3DS Pokémon Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby [UK]

Jan 6, 2014
Release date: 28/11/2014
Price: £39.99 (Nintendo Store UK) / £49.99 (GAME)
Purchase Link (Nintendo UK): Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire
Purchase Link (GAME): Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire
Nintendo Store UK edition comes with a minature Groudon (with Ruby) or a miniature Kyogre (with Sapphire) figurine.

sapphire13rkz9.jpg

ruby1axkj8.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man....TWO

Why couldn't they of just done Pokemon Crystal so there would only be one Steelbook case to get

Nice to see the DS get a Steelbook though....shame they didn't give GAME the Mario Kart 8 one.

They could of done the One Steelbook and make it so inside there's room for two cartridges

GAME also announced that they're stocking the steelbooks as well. However they're charging £49.99 and there are no figurines included in the order.

Ruby

Sapphire

So if a mod could change the topic to remove Nintendo Store UK exclusive that would be great.

£40 isn't too bad, kinda annoyed Game have it as a seperate special edition (though I expected it) rather then a pre-order bonus (as it would have been £35). Also curious to how "Limited" this is

Alpha Sapphire has dispatched from Nintendo Store, still awaiting Omega Ruby to dispatch
I thought GAME didn't ship outside UK/EU... but turns out they do!

I pre-ordered both today. I felt almost guilty afterwards considering how much they are and how much I've been spending lately, but I love both Nintendo so it was hard to say no. Also, the Steels themselves look a treat and being such a unique size was a big selling point. Here's hoping they arrive safely though.

They will probably be sent in some kinda box, hopefully they should arrive ok.

I should be getting mine from Nintendo on Friday

I've read mixed things about GAME's packaging. The boxes Nintendo use for their collectors editions are pretty sturdy though, and I've gotten similar editions (Pandora's Tower and The Last Story) that also came with Steelbooks in mint condition from Zavvi who just threw them in a box with some paper.

Mine shipped a couple of days ago. Can't wait to get it. Mail from the UK is taking longer and longer though. A couple of years ago it would take exactly ten days all up every time like magic. Now it's all over the shop.

eBay has a few sellers selling just the steelbooks, but they vary in price and some are quite pricey

It would probably be cheaper to buy the complete steelbook version (with the game) from Game and then eBay the game off