Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 14, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon UK - Zavvi
Price: £29.53

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I mean woooow. Just yesterday I had the Canadian version in my shopping cart at Amazon, however I resisted temptation. I think due to the success of Pokemon Go, we may be seeing a lot of Pokemon.

I remember owning the first film on VHS, but I've been unable to find the DVD version at a sensible price. Can't wait for the artwork reveal.

Hopefully the artwork will look good and not like the other versions released

Can someone brighten my day and make an amazing mock up.....so then I can get even more disappointed when the official artwork is released

Hopefully the artwork will look good and not like the other versions released

Can someone brighten my day and make an amazing mock up.....so then I can get even more disappointed when the official artwork is released
ws7p8x.jpg

had to use shilouttes for the back, felt stock images of mewtwo, entei & lugia didn't work together. may go back to the back image and do something later...really should've slept hours ago, but i fancied the challenge.

ws7p8x.jpg

had to use shilouttes for the back, felt stock images of mewtwo, entei & lugia didn't work together. may go back to the back image and do something later...really should've slept hours ago, but i fancied the challenge.

Thanks for this, it's really nice. A great effort on your part :)

Wondering if this will be any different to the steelbook set containing 3 BDs released across the pond earlier this year.
. . . and as seen and described here -

81PCfMCZtfL._SL1500_.jpg

91mAAg0yR2L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Wondering if this will be any different to the steelbook set containing 3 BDs released across the pond earlier this year.
. . . and as seen and described here -

81PCfMCZtfL._SL1500_.jpg

91mAAg0yR2L._SL1500_.jpg

I'd put money on that being what this looks like.

Wouldn't mind if they made it a pokedex. something like this.
wvc2v5.jpg

& inside
358ug52.jpg

nothing overly complicated or amazing, but likely better than what we'll get.

Reactions: ETSC
Looks really smart with its mostly blue and white classic colouring :thumbs:
A few comments:
- Would have preferred more symmetry regarding the two characters on top.
- Hoping that the title is de-bossed and that the print near the top is part of the j-card banner and not printed onto the steelbook - having seen images of the other steelbook where the whole back is printed with data and consequently there is no back artwork (and of course no j-card) I'm a bit concerned . . .
- Nice, tidy spine, though would have preferred a full picture spine will thumbnails of some of those cute and not so cute Pokémon characters on it.
In conclusion - Got to say I much prefer the look of this one to the three different images artwork of the other steelbook set released elsewhere earlier this year.
pokemon-1-3-jpg.742724
147079_large.jpg

(A bit strange that people are paying GBP 47 for the Australian edition today on the Bay - looks to be exactly the same as the U.K. edition)
s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: monsterzebra
As a Pokemon maniac who owns the Australian and US releases, have to say our artwork is the best so far. Yeah its the same as the Australian release, however they got a tin, not a steelbook. Here's hoping the inside and back are a little better then stock images.

For the discs in general, I would not give your hopes up too much. Picture and sound are not a mind blowing upgrade, however unlike the first VHS/DVD releases the films are in widescreen, not fullscreen, so parts like in the opening credits of the First Movie when Ash brings out Squirtle are restored. Second, the Pikachu shorts were removed in the other releases so very slim chance they're in this one. It could be down to the fact that the third one, Pikachu and Pichu, is sort of banned in Japan in the sense they don't want anyone to see or remember it (The narrator for that one got into a little drug problem, which a HUGE no no in Japan.). Zero extras in the other releases too.

That's said, I would not give your expectations too high on this release.

Wow, I mean woooow. Just yesterday I had the Canadian version in my shopping cart at Amazon, however I resisted temptation. I think due to the success of Pokemon Go, we may be seeing a lot of Pokemon.
The 18th (!) movie is also getting a UK release too, with a Blu Ray release that no other country aside from Japan currently has of the film, the only one for the dub, so hopefully maybe this can lead to more movies or even the TV Series as many have begged for.

Honestly the first three are the main ones to see...the others are "meh"
So so, I thought the 4th one (Pokemon 4Ever) was great, the 5th one is only great in the Japanese sub as the dub ruined it (Seriously, they added a blue tain to the picture which ruins some of the nice animation.). My favorite is the 8th film (The Lucario one.) but again only in the Japanese Sub as I cannot take the dub seriously to that film, and its also a lot of diehard fans' favorite too. The rest ranged from alright to average, with only the Hoopa movie annoying me as the dub decided to replace all the Japanese movie with very inferior dub music. @_@

• Thanks
Reactions: UpsetSmiley