DigiPack Police Story Trilogy (Blu-ray Digipak) [Korea]

ocielz

El NINJA Chingon
Premium Supporter
Jan 18, 2011
Winter Garden, Florida
This box set contains the first three films in Jackie Chan's explosive 'Police Story' franchise.

Release date February 11 2015
Preorder:
http://www.kimchidvd.com/en/good/goods.jsp?good_seq=20543

LIMITED TO 777 COPIES

policestory.jpg

Attachments

• pstri.jpg
    pstri.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 367
Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure these will use the same shoddy transfers as the currently available versions. The problem is with Fortune Star, the owners of these movies. There's no rhyme or reason as to what gets a proper HD transfer and no explanation as to why they're licensing out SD upscales. The 7.1 audio is problematic as well because they're all odd remixes with added sound effects making them different to how the audio is supposed to sound.

At any rate, as much as I don't want to, I'm going to be buying this. As it currently stands, it's most likely the original negatives of these classic Hong Kong movies no longer exist (rumour has it some were sold to wealthy collectors in Mainland China after the handover of Hong Kong) and even if they did, doesn't look like Fortune Star will be changing their ways any time soon either.

It's actually on the OP :D
Also Sold out!!!

Are these remastered?

I canceled mine and not I can't order it :'(
Haha my bad, didn't notice it in the OP

I have no idea mate, haven't opened it yet, there's only a tiny bit of info at the bottom of the case saying its in full HD 1080p
Audio is Dolby true HD 7.1

Not sure if that's any use to you, hope it helps though :)

Reactions: ocielz
Are these remastered?

I'm going to very safely say these aren't remastered. You can only get proper HD transfers of the first and third movies. For Police Story, the Japanese Blu-ray has the Japanese theatrical version in proper HD taken from a different negative. This has burned in Japanese sidetitles and it not English friendly. For the third movie, Supercop, it's available in proper HD on 3-Film Action Collection from Echo Bridge. What's weird about this is that every other US release has been cropped, but this one isn't. It's also cut and dubbed into English.

A source informed me that these are upscales. Another note is that Police Story 2 is the uncut version which is a bonus. I'm still keeping my Dragon Dynasty DVD versions simply for the abundance of extras and the audio commentary.