Problem with Movie Audio???

ocielz

El NINJA Chingon
Premium Supporter
Jan 18, 2011
Winter Garden, Florida
I noticed that on "some" movies when theres shouting or some high pitch sounds, my center speaker sounds like "Crackling". i know my center speaker is not busted, cause some movies sound fine and i have no problems when i play games (loud:D) recently i watched Se7en and it had some crackling in one scene (cant remember what scene or time frame) i watch my movies @ 60 or 65 volume, depends on the sounds of the movie:D. anyone else notice this on some Movies??? or em i crazy:(

Might be a receiver problem ... Next time it happens, out of curiosity ... rewind it back and see if it happens again in the exact same scene.

I'll check it out tomorrow and see what I find. I started this thread cause someone else was having the same problem ( different forum and small topic nothing resolved) just different receivers and speakers then mine, also he mentioned he noticed it on DTS-MA audio tracks and not on dolby. Time to watch some movies and take notes.:)

Finished watching Hot Fuzz and had no problem what so ever. Had the volume at 65 and let me say that the movie is LOUD, in the action scenes:) i forgot about the Dreaded DTS "BOMB" that some onkyo models had with DTS-HD format. my older model 605 had that and it was fixed with a firmware upgrade, time to search the web for my recent model.

We have 2 Onkyo receivers and never had this issue. Maybe you got a defective one, or it's just time for another. Good luck with your search, Ocielz!

what bomb is that ... I got a 605 ... its been a trooper, but just the other day there was some weird stuff where it would turn off andback on a few times while watching a flick ... overall its been great tho. Probably upgrade that piece of my set up later down the road but not really sure how much better sound i would be getting as the ampage would be a big deal since I'm not pushing my system hard since I dont want my neighbors knowing what all I got in the crib. ;p

The first models of the 605 had to be upgraded via firmware, later models came with the most recent firmware. It would only happen with the DTS-HD format. Avs forum has lots of info. That can help with firmware update or you can check with onkyo website to see if you have the latest update.