'Prometheus' - In theaters June 8, 2012

Apr 2, 2009
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=63940

With all of the announcements of upcoming movies being planned for 3D over the next few years, one would expect that whether or not an upcoming tentpole movie will be in 3D is going to replace the "PG-13 vs. R" question that most filmmakers tend to get. The latest movie that seems to be going that route is Ridley Scott and 20th Century Fox's planned Alien Prequel.

UK sci-fi site Shadow Locked had a chance to talk with art director Roger Christian who worked on Star Wars and Alien, and they asked him about the direction Scott might take with a prequel, the two of them having worked together on the original movie. Besides dropping the fact that it will be shot in 3D, he hinted at a possible trilogy in the franchise's future.

He told them: "Ridley's doing the next Alien in 3D. Ridley told me some of his ideas when we were here in Toronto. He has a very clear understanding of where this should go. They kind of stopped dead one of the greatest horror franchises there's ever been, and it had legs to go on. So I'm hoping he'll revive another three. The world certainly wants it, and the fans want it - everybody."

Christian met with Scott, but hasn't confirmed that he might be involved with the new prequel, reuniting the duo for the first time in over 30 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
had to share this little find on Twitter this morning

Proemtheus as a 50's sci-fi poster
attachment.php

Attachments

• Prom.jpg
    Prom.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 74
What I enjoyed most about this film was the atmosphere, I was constantly looking around at the environments, backgrounds, buttons on the ship etc........it really pulled me into a different world.

Whether that is the case on a second viewing, I don't know, but I'm looking forward to finding out.

personally, i think this was a great tie_in with the rest of the franchise, addressing questions some may have wanted answers to from the start, especially regarding the 'space jockey' storyline. the explanation of the origin of the alien species and the purpose of its creation was also appropriate to the whole mythology, in my opinion.

That
surgery
scene man. :scat:

:naughty:Had to do a spoiler as the white was readable on the darker quote background!

That was an awesome scene :scat:

Sorry to post in here but is is sort of related - I've searched on the search but is any country releasing a steelbook of Prometheus with just 2D?

I was highly disappointed by it. It could have been so much more intense...

For me that is a huge understatement especially considering the talent involved.
Why do people accept such poor/average films these days?
This film was dreadful full stop! Plot=dumb&pretentious. Script=downright awful.
Editing=the worst I've seen for a long time. Characters=stupid&inconsistant. Dialogue=as dumb as the characters. Visuals=gorgeous. #fassbender=great

Reactions: prodigy1985
For me that is a huge understatement especially considering the talent involved.
This film was dreadful full stop! Plot=dumb&pretentious. Script=downright awful.
Editing=the worst I've seen for a long time. Characters=stupid&inconsistant. Dialogue=as dumb as the characters. Visuals=gorgeous. #fassbender=great

Please tell me why you consider the plot pretentious?

hoping the "for me" on the very begining of the first sentence was also meant for the rest of the sentences(quoted)..

Last edited:

I don't agree with anything you said except "visuals and Fassbender"! But I don't think Fassbender is a patch on Ian Holm's Ash or Henrikson's Bishop! But that's the good thing about HDN, it's all about opinions and everyone's got one!

Reactions: digitalbabe
I enjoyed it, but I was disappointed in its lack of sophistication (dumb protagonists mostly, scientists acting like they are in some teen slasher-horror flick). The pacing could've used some help too (if only they could've included some of those deleted scenes).

Havent seen this yet but im definitely hoping your wrong.

Havent seen this yet but im definitely hoping your wrong.

I'm not, I'm a big fan of the genre, the director and the actors but this is I big failure. However, each to their own as many people liked it although I can't imagine they had much expectation...

---------- Post added at 03:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 AM ----------

Please tell me why you consider the plot pretentious?

I think it was overblown in its own self importance with its theme of creation, brushing off the last few hundred years that have basically proved evolution (Ridley knew he had to address this in the film) with a comment from a character 'that is simply what I believe' when she was asked about Darwinism. Then never addressed again as it messed with the ridiculous plot. In the film fassbenders says 'big things have small beginnings' but in the case of this film and sir Ridley, big theories need big explanations....this film doesn't offer any.
Btw, I know it's only a film but the audience can still need to be treated with some respect. I hope any sequels can fix/enlighten us on the overall story but it will never be able to fix this film, especially the dumb descisions every character makes, and the final line by the main character which sets up a sequel is as dumb as any other in the film.