PS3 Information Thread (for that news that doesn't quite fit anywhere else)

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
I decided to make this thread so I could post information if a company just makes a single announcement that isn't anything concrete on a single game.

That way there's not 100 useless threads started, that are never replied to... :) :)

Last edited:

Why don't we just create a separate part of the forums then, that if it isn't a megathread it goes there... You guys are trying to be too tidy for how small we are.

Wading through one thread to find info that's not in a megathread is something users aren't going to want to do. That's how forums are run.

Why don't we just create a separate part of the forums then, that if it isn't a megathread it goes there... You guys are trying to be too tidy for how small we are.

Wading through one thread to find info that's not in a megathread is something users aren't going to want to do. That's how forums are run.

I'm sure Horhay needs you to tell him how to run a forum.

and this thread gets tons of views. and if people want to know where to look for that extra PS3 info they know where to go.

No one wants to go to a forum and see 900 lists of the top 20 games. Or information that's months old.

And clean and tidy is the perfect way to run a forum. Then people know where things are, and where they belong.

I hate having to go through so many threads of info that could all fit into one big thread. These are typically threads and info that most peeps only look at anyway no need to keep them separate.

I'm sure Horhay needs you to tell him how to run a forum.

and this thread gets tons of views. and if people want to know where to look for that extra PS3 info they know where to go.

No one wants to go to a forum and see 900 lists of the top 20 games. Or information that's months old.

And clean and tidy is the perfect way to run a forum. Then people know where things are, and where they belong.

I don't see 900 lists or information that's months old... the thread gets tons of views because we merge stuff back into this thread after it has been seen. The views from that thread then merge into this thread.

I hate having to go through so many threads of info that could all fit into one big thread. This is typically threads and info that most peeps only look at anyway no need to keep them separate.

We have megathreads for that, and for upcoming games and rumors, we provide them their own thread, once deemed false, we moved them into one big thread. having seperate threads for each item allows the use of the search function much better, as you search for titles instead of searching through 20 pages of threads.

I don't see 900 lists or information that's months old... the thread gets tons of views because we merge stuff back into this thread after it has been seen. The views from that thread then merge into this thread.

Look the way I see it is if it's small and somewhat irrelevant just put it here. No need for a new thread. Period.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

We have megathreads for that, and for upcoming games and rumors, we provide them their own thread, once deemed false, we moved them into one big thread. having seperate threads for each item allows the use of the search function much better, as you search for titles instead of searching through 20 pages of threads.

Like I said this is tid bit info that most people will most likely overlook.

PS3 Slim Crystal Clear cyberbot case

First look at XCM's new replacement case, Cyberbot, for the PS3 Slim. It's a clear case with crystal blu ray drive cover that even shows you how the disc drive is working and the Blu-ray disc spinning.

[YT][/YT]
[media=youtube]1tOcI1bCxbY[/media]

XCM%20Cyberbot%20case-3.jpg

XCM%20Cyberbot%20case-1.jpg

XCM%20Cyberbot%20case-2.jpg

XCM%20Cyberbot%20case-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sony Computer Entertainment America has filed a trademark for the name Until Dawn today. The trademarks is for “providing a real-time computer game for others that may be accessed over global and local area computer networks by network users.”

The description makes it sound like as if it’s some sort of online game concept or something along those lines. Perhaps an MMO about vampires – but then it would be called Until Dusk, wouldn’t it? I guess it could work either way. Looks like we’ll just have to wait and see.

Capcom not looking to western devs for new IPs

Capcom boss Haruhiro Tsujimota has revealed that the Japanese giant no longer intends on looking to western developers when creating fresh intellectual properties.

Chatting with the Financial Times, Tsujimota said that the firm’s Japanese arm will now handle new IP, while western companies will only be charged with working on sequels or ports.

The move comes following the poor performance of western-developed titles such as Dark Void and Bionic Commando.

“As a group, the new titles where development was led from abroad didn’t do so well,” he said.

Elsewhere, he also commented on PlayStation Move and Natal, stating that Sony and Microsoft will need to show their business model in regards to how they intend to launch the devices this fall:

“If there isn’t a strong business model message from the platform holders about how they will develop [motion controllers] with users, then I don’t think it will go well,” he said.