PS3 To TV lag... need help

Jan 24, 2010
Tampa FL
So i just bought this tv this weekend (Insignia™ 55" Class / 1080p / 120Hz / LED-LCD HDTV Model: NS-55E560A11) but i'm having problems with it lagging a bit behind the controls on my PS3. I put in Guitar Hero to see and it was about 150 ms off. i tryed a HDMI and Component cables and both are the same and also when i tryed to watch a Blu Ray the pictured would speed up at times along with the the sound being slightly off. I have my display on my ps3 set at 1080 p and have the others checked, is there any other settings i need to change to fix this?

Guitar Hero will always lag on a LCD. The Blu-ray issue is weird unless you are pressing the fast forward on accident it shouldn't happen. How do you have the sound running, just from TV or into receiver?

Hate to say it, but Im pretty sure its your PS3 ... you're getting close to YLOD. I had all kinds of weird **** happen before mine crapped out. Plug your ps3 into your old tv and play for 2 days ... and see if it happens. Then, if it doesnt plug it back in to your new tv and see if it does it.

recheck your video settings on your ps3.

Its not that old, its like a 8 month old slim. It was lagging with all my games, not just guitar hero. i have my it hooked up with a ditigal opitcal cable to my surround system. I hooked it up with the component cables and it ran fine and then when i started up again it started lagging again. idk this sux lol. i don't think it should be doin this. Maybe my cables are bad?

I dunno,maybe try and switch the tv to 60htz?

You can't make a 120hz tv go to 60hz. You can turn off the motion enhancer but that doesn't affect the hertz of the TV.

A Motion Enhancer just adds extra images between frames to make movement look smoother, it's probably one of the worst things invented and people think that's the only way to have 120/240hz.

might be your tv,did it even have the ms response time stated on it when you bought it?..

you probly already know but check if your tv has "Gaming mode"......it turns off some of the video processor's so the lag won't be so noticeable,but you said it was working good before so i dont know what's up....try plugging the hdmi cable into another hdmi port on the tv?

Its not that old, its like a 8 month old slim. It was lagging with all my games, not just guitar hero. i have my it hooked up with a ditigal opitcal cable to my surround system. I hooked it up with the component cables and it ran fine and then when i started up again it started lagging again. idk this sux lol. i don't think it should be doin this. Maybe my cables are bad?

Alright what cables are you running now?

HDMI to TV, with Optical out to Receiver?

Component to TV w/ Optical out to receiver?

What type of Receiver? HTIB or real receiver?

I don't think it's the TV, but how you have it set up.

might be your tv,did it even have the ms response time stated on it when you bought it?..

you probly already know but check if your tv has "Gaming mode"......it turns off some of the video processor's so the lag won't be so noticeable,but you said it was working good before so i dont know what's up....try plugging the hdmi cable into another hdmi port on the tv?

A 120hz TV has to be 4ms or below.

Yea you nailed it man. On the remote, there is a button that says "game". Hit it and it said game mode on and everything runs perfect now. Not sure if i need to have that on to watch blu-rays too though cuz it changes the picture when i turn the game mode on.

Yea you nailed it man. On the remote, there is a button that says "game". Hit it and it said game mode on and everything runs perfect now. Not sure if i need to have that on to watch blu-rays too though cuz it changes the picture when i turn the game mode on.

To easily figure that out you might be able to just check the fps on the back of the game ; usually 30 fps or maybe 60 .... then check the blu-ray, if its the same ... then I'd say so, but with MP games anything can happen where a movie is burned in.

check out your video settings on the ps3 and put on 1080p 24hz,turning on 24p mode for blu ray movie's,most modern TV's support it...

and i think you should turn off gaming mode watching movie's,the picture should look slightly better with it off on blu ray movie's to process the picture with the right color's,if your tv has any power saving setting's,turn that crap off too cause it effect's picture quality,who care's about saving a few watts and penny's.