Raging Bull (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: May 21, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders will be live around 6pm UK on Sunday April 15th)
Price: £15.99

11711497-1684563596466483.jpg
11711497-6944563617032647.jpg

11711497-5124563596513055.jpg

What's the difference between the discs?
30th anniversary disc has same extras as the 2008/2009 disc with some new extras listed below
The film video and sound is the same as 2008/2009 disc so nothing different between the 2 releases for Video/Audio

Only difference is the new extras

30th anniversary new extras are
  • Featurette: "Marty and Bobby" (HD, 14 minutes) – The legendary pair examine their relationship and some of the films they made together, focusing predominantly on 'Raging Bull.' De Niro discusses his empathy for La Motta and his weight gain, while Scorsese talks about the project's development and how he shot the fight scenes. Producer Irwin Winkler also weighs in with his impressions and shares background information on the production. Rare rehearsal footage and film clips round out this interesting piece.
  • Featurette: "'Raging Bull': Reflections on a Classic" (HD, 12 minutes) – Some of Scorsese's directorial peers honor this masterwork, analyzing the performances, characters, and Scorsese's style. They also talk about the film's impact and themes, point out favorite sequences, and convey how it influenced their own movies and careers.
  • Featurette: "Remembering Jake" (HD, 11 minutes) – Members of the Veteran Boxers Association share their impressions of the champion prizefighter. They recall La Motta's famous bouts, rough personality traits, sense of humor, and relate some personal reminiscences in this intimate featurette.
  • Featurette: "Marty on Film" (HD, 10 minutes) – This highly interesting autobiographical portrait of Scorsese allows the director the opportunity to discuss his attraction to film, how it influenced him, the movie industry, boxing, indelible images and memories from his childhood, and what he'd like to do professionally in the future.
  • Vintage TV Clip: "Cathy Moriarty on 'The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson,' March 27, 1981" (SD, 7 minutes) – A very natural Moriarty (who here bears a striking resemblance to Faye Dunaway) talks to the legendary late-night host on the eve of the Oscars about how she was cast in the part, her background, and her blasé attitude toward stardom, Hollywood, and the famous people with whom she worked on 'Raging Bull."

30th anniversary disc has same extras as the 2008/2009 disc with some new extras listed below
The film video and sound is the same as 2008/2009 disc so nothing different between the 2 releases for Video/Audio

• Featurette: "Marty and Bobby" (HD, 14 minutes) – The legendary pair examine their relationship and some of the films they made together, focusing predominantly on 'Raging Bull.' De Niro discusses his empathy for La Motta and his weight gain, while Scorsese talks about the project's development and how he shot the fight scenes. Producer Irwin Winkler also weighs in with his impressions and shares background information on the production. Rare rehearsal footage and film clips round out this interesting piece.
  • Featurette: "'Raging Bull': Reflections on a Classic" (HD, 12 minutes) – Some of Scorsese's directorial peers honor this masterwork, analyzing the performances, characters, and Scorsese's style. They also talk about the film's impact and themes, point out favorite sequences, and convey how it influenced their own movies and careers.
  • Featurette: "Remembering Jake" (HD, 11 minutes) – Members of the Veteran Boxers Association share their impressions of the champion prizefighter. They recall La Motta's famous bouts, rough personality traits, sense of humor, and relate some personal reminiscences in this intimate featurette.
  • Featurette: "Marty on Film" (HD, 10 minutes) – This highly interesting autobiographical portrait of Scorsese allows the director the opportunity to discuss his attraction to film, how it influenced him, the movie industry, boxing, indelible images and memories from his childhood, and what he'd like to do professionally in the future.
  • Vintage TV Clip: "Cathy Moriarty on 'The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson,' March 27, 1981" (SD, 7 minutes) – A very natural Moriarty (who here bears a striking resemblance to Faye Dunaway) talks to the legendary late-night host on the eve of the Oscars about how she was cast in the part, her background, and her blasé attitude toward stardom, Hollywood, and the famous people with whom she worked on 'Raging Bull."
I was curious too. Thanks for the info Paul! :)

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Personally not a big deal for me as I rarely watch much extras, but I wonder what they think about when they put an older disc inside a new release.. It’s curious.

So after saying they would be in touch and then not bothering to contact me 72 hours later I'm having to email zavvi again. Their mistake yet here I am having to beg them to send me the correct item. It really is disgraceful.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles

Thank you, Paul!
But there is one more important thing for me - 30th anniversary disc has Russian language. The 2008/2009 disc don't have it.:)

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
It gets worse. Now Zavvi want me to send them a photo of minority report steel to prove I've been sent the wrong item!! Why didn't they ask for this 3 days ago!!!!!!!

It gets worse. Now Zavvi want me to send them a photo of minority report steel to prove I've been sent the wrong item!! Why didn't they ask for this 3 days ago!!!!!!!
Their customer service (or lack of) never ceases to disgust me. :sour:

I hope you're able to get it sorted soon!

Because Zavvi are the worst internet company out there!
I had to email them again after getting a reply on Saturday to now be told they need to investigate their warehouse team and can't send out a replacement until that is complete!
Utter f***ing B.S.!....i have paid for that steelbook, they have my money and I have to wait because of their f***ing mistake!
I will be emailing them again shortly to tell them I want the steelbook I ordered and have paid for and is in stock sent out to me tomorrow, I don't give a flying f*** about their investigation... here's my investigation...your warehouse team are useless moronic arsewipes and I want my steelbook!
No wonder Zavvi have no telephone contact number!
Useless f***ing customer service, useless f***ing company!

I had to email them again after getting a reply on Saturday to now be told they need to investigate their warehouse team and can't send out a replacement until that is complete!
Utter f***ing B.S.!....i have paid for that steelbook, they have my money and I have to wait because of their f***ing mistake!
I will be emailing them again shortly to tell them I want the steelbook I ordered and have paid for and is in stock sent out to me tomorrow, I don't give a flying f*** about their investigation... here's my investigation...your warehouse team are useless moronic arsewipes and I want my steelbook!
...and breathe. :p

Seriously though, I understand your frustration. I think we've all been there by now, and it's why I try to avoid buying from them where possible, because it's just not worth the headache if anything should go wrong.

Apart from their awful CS, I do actually really like Zavvi... they offer some great deals, and I can't imagine half the obscure steelbook titles would exist if it weren't for them!

Dude
I sympathise with you but that bit is absolutely hilarious:LOL::LOL::LOL::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Their customer service (or lack of) never ceases to disgust me. :sour:

I hope you're able to get it sorted soon!

As I suspected I have to send back minority report before they will send me raging bull. Won't cost me to send it back but still not good enough imo.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Well fellas, miracles do happen!
Got the actual Raging Bull steelbook delivered today.
Thank you Zavvi, you’re the greatest company ever!!

Spoke too soon, I knew it was too good to be true. Massive dent on front of steelbook. Not even gonna bother returning it as it seems futile considering level of customer service. Packaging is just below par, no protection whatsoever between the steelbook and cardbox enveloppe.
Going to order a new one from amazon.fr
Adios Zavvi

Spoke too soon, I knew it was too good to be true. Massive dent on front of steelbook. Not even gonna bother returning it as it seems futile considering level of customer service. Packaging is just below par, no protection whatsoever between the steelbook and cardbox enveloppe.
Adios Zavvi

Don't be silly. Send it back for a refund.

Adios Zavvi
So you’re saying Zavi sent it in an cardboard envelope and not in their standard box! If so that’s alarming!