Rare SteelCase Discussion

1, Terminator 2 AU
2. Dark night AU <<< very high ebay price
3. Inglorious bastards AU <<< very high ebay price
4. Saving private ryan AU
5. Harry potter AU <<< Very rare in some parts of AU, but not everywhere
6. Gladiator AU <<< Very rare in some parts of AU, but not everywhere
7. Smokin Aces AU <<, only few copies left Australia wide, most damaged.
8 Godfather 1 AU <<< some available, difficult to find mint copies, up to $110 on ebay
9. Godfather 3 AU <<< some available, difficult to find mint copies, up to $110 on ebay
10, Godfather 2 AU <<< some available, difficult to find mint copies, up to $110 on ebay
11. Fast & Furious Quadology <<< available
12, Fast & Furious 4 <<< available

USA ones dont know how rare.
those in bold I have.

Last edited:
According to the manufacturer of these sleeves / cases, a minimum print run is 3,000 copies.

Hey Guys ,

I was in JB HiFi the other day picking up a copy of Smokin' Aces Collection for a Forum member and the Guy in charge of the Blu-rays Told me these Steel Tins are still available to order !! We checked on the store computer and there was 1 or 2 in each Stae and they were trashed !!

However ! , the stock number is the same as the Steel Slip case number and the guy said , Do I want to take the chance ??

This steel Slip Case Set is gonna be the most valuble out of all AUS Stell Slips , because They are beautifull to look at & you have to have all 3 to make a SET !!

Trust me I know , I have SOLD Terminator , Dark Knight , ect , ect and this is gonna be the most coveted Steel Slips around ~ SOON :naughty:

just my 10 Bobs wrth guys :scat:

Not sure if you are right, however most of the Aussie Steelcases got the status "rarity". Despite the Fast&Furious and maybe Gladiator, most are somehow difficult to find and all is a question of money.

If you think about it, it's a clear fact, as we have nowadays only 18 official released Blu Ray Steelcases worldwide.
I pray these nice Metal Slips will never follow that SteelBook path...

my 2 cents...

Not sure if you are right, however most of the Aussie Steelcases got the status "rarity". Despite the Fast&Furious and maybe Gladiator, most are somehow difficult to find and all is a question of money.

If you think about it, it's a clear fact, as we have nowadays only 18 official released Blu Ray Steelcases worldwide.
I pray these nice Metal Slips will never follow that SteelBook path...

my 2 cents...

f&f 1-4 is becoming rare. A few months ago they were on the shelves, now zero.

Last edited:
i think it is difficult to compare the rarity of the AU steelcases cause we all don't know the exact availibility and the number of published copies out there...

for me the hardest-to-get (most expensive) steelcases was the dark knight

Reactions: Incubali and gcnguy
I believe that The Dark Knight had an original print run of 3000, but due to their popularity another 2000 were issued. They are numbered 1 to 3000 (first issue) and 3001 to 5000 (second issue). Many of the second issue were available in New Zealand at the Whitcoulls and Marbeck chain of stores. Both are now reporting that they have sold out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Incubali