Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
The Last Knight

Really enjoyed this film. Another Zavvi purchase based on word of mouth for a film I was unfamiliar with. Price was down and dirty so I pulled the trigger.

The acting is top notch and truly carries the film. It does seem to take time for real action and war like brutality to show, but that is compensated with actually caring about the lead character, Raiden and what is going on. The ending took me off guard, and it kills me not to reference it here, but I don't want to spoil it if you haven't seen it.

All in all I'll give this.....
3 and 3 quarter Ninjas.jpg

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Alien 1979

You must have been watching in on CH4 as well the other night. Never fails to have me on the edge of my seat........
Haha nope, had no idea it'd been on TV (I don't watch terrestrial television). It was just a random pick from my selection of blus... think I'll probably watch the rest of the Alien films now though, as it's been a while!

Haha nope, had no idea it'd been on TV (I don't watch terrestrial television). It was just a random pick from my selection of blus... think I'll probably watch the rest of the Alien films now though, as it's been a while!

I don't as a rule watch terrestrial TV just Film 4 and Talking pictures as they are movie channels and tend to show a lot of variety so I get to see obscure old British films as well as recent films. So I got to see the likes of 12 Years a Slave and Brookback Mt on film 4, films I normally wouldn't see or know about. And even obscure gems like American film noirs from the 40's. I think modern TV is summed up for me by the fact that I'd rather watch a 50 year old repeat of Dad's Army that most of the stuff transmitted today. There's also another channel I watch called Movies for men which shows mainly war films and Westerns and talking of Westerns Indicator UK are releasing in May a superb Randolph Scott set and in it The Tall T, one of his best...... At the end of the day I find the movie channels useful to see stuff I normally would never buy on blu-ray and 99.9% of the time would only ever watch once.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I don't as a rule watch terrestrial TV just Film 4 and Talking pictures as they are movie channels and tend to show a lot of variety so I get to see obscure old British films as well as recent films. So I got to see the likes of 12 Years a Slave and Brookback Mt on film 4, films I normally wouldn't see or know about. And even obscure gems like American film noirs from the 40's. I think modern TV is summed up for me by the fact that I'd rather watch a 50 year old repeat of Dad's Army that most of the stuff transmitted today. There's also another channel I watch called Movies for men which shows mainly war films and Westerns and talking of Westerns Indicator UK are releasing in May a superb Randolph Scott set and in it The Tall T, one of his best...... At the end of the day I find the movie channels useful to see stuff I normally would never buy on blu-ray and 99.9% of the time would only ever watch once.
Gotcha! The main reason I don't watch TV any more is because I don't really have the time for it, but when I did, I used to watch similar channels to you... Film 4 was always a favourite, mostly for the same reason as you - it introduced me to films I probably wouldn't have given a chance otherwise.

As for Indicator, the Randolph Scott set went completely under my radar. In fact, I haven't really kept up-to-date with their releases for a while, so I have some catching up to do!

Aliens (1986)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png

I know the "special edition" is considered to be the better cut, but I honestly prefer the theatrical version.

To be fair the special edition was the original version and he had to cut the length for the theatres so you're actually seeing the version he did originally

Alien 3 (1992)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

Only my second time watching this (it's been well over 10 years, and all I remember was finding it a real slog), but my first time watching the Assembly Cut, which I actually found to be quite entertaining!