Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
F6D0D077-65FE-40EF-9DF5-59AC6D316455.jpeg 72E740FA-EEC8-4BEE-BE83-F5DAA5AC91C7.png 72E740FA-EEC8-4BEE-BE83-F5DAA5AC91C7.png
I am a fan of earlier work by Alex Garland, and I was looking forward to this. But, alas it is pretty awful.
There are about 25 interesting minutes near the end that make it not a total disaster (although, in that 25 minutes a character cringingly screams the title of the movie!).
The acting and dialog are just so unrelentingly bad. (Yes, even Portman and Jennifer Jason Leigh are awful). The dialog is nothing but information dumps - and we never know these characters.
And at it's worst points, it comically seems like a high school troupe putting in an all female revue of Apocalypse Now.
I'm not kidding when I say that a few of these actors in supporting roles should never be allowed in front of a camera ever again. (It was like watching student films with earnest, terrible amateur actors). And the dialog was the sound of a writer writing - not what any human on Earth would ever speak.
They should have looked at the last 25 minutes of the film and worked backwards.
Between this and the wretched Cloverfield Station - I am in desperate need for a scifi movie that is good.

The Mummy 2017

This is hands down easily the worst Mummy film i have ever seen. Even worse that the 3rd one of the revived 1997 Mummy series. I can't even rate it it's that bad -10 perhaps. It stinks in every department from it's acting, it's story it's in your face politics (yep my pet hate), CGI and last but not least the serious miscasting of Tom Cruise who looks like he wandered onto the wrong set..... I have no idea how much this film cost but I assume the money went elsewhere and not on the film.... If I were Universal I would be talking to the accounts department....

Reactions: C.C. 95
The Mummy 2017

This is hands down easily the worst Mummy film i have ever seen. Even worse that the 3rd one of the revived 1997 Mummy series. I can't even rate it it's that bad -10 perhaps. It stinks in every department from it's acting, it's story it's in your face politics (yep my pet hate), CGI and last but not least the serious miscasting of Tom Cruise who looks like he wandered onto the wrong set..... I have no idea how much this film cost but I assume the money went elsewhere and not on the film.... If I were Universal I would be talking to the accounts department....
:LOL: Yep. And I'm a Tom Cruise fan. My favorite bit is the hilariously underwhelming change of Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Hyde - they put in a couple of contact lenses and a few veins in his neck! Wow!:rofl:
And my other favorite bit is that the ending montage (with voice over) is a complete ripoff of the ending of The Dark Knight!

I still can't figure why they bothered after that dire 3rd one in the other series.... Give me the Hammer one or the 1st 2 Brenden Frazer films any day!
Yeah, I mean - sure, there are a few annoying things in the Brendan Fraser Mummy films- But, by and large - They were the closest we ever got to Indiana Jones type adventure films. And I enjoy the hell out of them! Hell, Bubba Ho-Tep was a better Mummy movie than the Cruise film.

Alien: Covenant (2017)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

Much better on rewatch! Probably helped that I saw Prometheus right before, so I actually had a clue what was happening this time - for example; I forgot about the flute in Prom, so the scene with it in Cov originally seemed really random to me lol.

Pyramid 2014.
Oh dear another turkey that turned up on Ch4 the other day. Not even worth rating it's that's bad and it has more plot holes than an Allen Irwin production.