Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
The World (2004)

1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

To some degree when you've seen one Jia Zhangke movie you've kind of seen them all. What has changed since the 90's though is his movies progressively got alot of the crud removed from the lens. :smuggrin: Managed to pick this OOP MoC release real cheap and feel it probably ran itself a little long at 2:20 but something about his brand of Chinese malaise always manages to hold my attention. Not his best imo but still worth a look.. his making-of material is usually always more interesting than the films themselves as he continues to battle the chinese censorship board and there's plenty on this disc too!

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

I went in to this hoping for a miracle that this could hook me like the original did. So happy was I that by the end of the film, I had fallen in love with this movie.

When I first heard of it, and that the Rock was going to be in it, I scoffed. But really, he and everyone else involved are sensational. Just a great time watching it.

5 ninjas.jpg

A Night to Remember 1958

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

In my view simply the best ever film about the Titanic. Part Documentary, part drama, it excels at the human Drama and human cost of man's arrogance against nature. Based on eye witness accounts of the tragedy, even today it's astonishing it happened and even though you know what's going to happen, you are gripped from beginning to end. With the ever reliable Kenneth Moore the stable diet of 50's cinema and a who's who of 50's British stars, the only thing missing is Sam Kidd and Michael Ripper...... Sorry James Cameron but all the money thrown at your film this one beats it hands down.

Reactions: Sigill
War Of The Worlds (Tom Cruise)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
halfn-png.127233

A gritty, grainy masterpiece with a fantastic performance from Cruise and his co stars.

Day of the Jackal 1974
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

A masterclass in cinema and a lesson on how to make a brilliant film even though you know the ending from the start.
If anyone ever says that American directors can't do European films, then this classic from Fred Zinnermann (Yes High Noon) blows that theory out of the water. A rarity in that no famous stars are in the film but a cast of 1st rate character actors all English or European. Superb use of locations and a tension factor that puts most modern films to shame. Basically the film is about a bisexual hitman who is hired to do one killing. What makes this film gripping is the attention of detail that goes into the hit and the cat and mouse game between our hitman and the detective on his trail. The film never lets up and it never disappoints.
Why it was remake I have no ideal..........
I think it's now available in the USA from Arrow who just recently released it in the UK as well.

1n-png.127234