Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
Big Jake 1971
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

An excellent but brutal John Wayne film in which his grandson is kidnapped by gangsters and he has to to deliver a ransom to get the grandson back. An excellent ensemble cast with one of Lassie's offspring making an appearance as John Wayne's pet dog. But this dog is as far removed from the friendly image you get from Lassie and no Elizabeth Taylor in sight. The dog here is a reflection of the film you are watching, brutal and vicious with no let up. You think Clint Eastwood Western's are brutal, well here's a John Wayne Western to match.
Like a lot of Wayne films this is a new UK pressing but is it different to the USA one?. A few have been like El Dorado. Be interested if anyone out there can enlighten me if this is a new transfer or the USA packaged for the UK.

Reactions: C.C. 95
Killing of the Sacred Deer
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Really weird film, but one I enjoyed. Just picked up the digibook from Germany yesterday, so will probably give it a rewatch soon!
Loved it. It was like a hybrid of Kubrick meets Lynch with the Greek tale of Iphigenia turned into a script by Michael Haneke!

Isle of Dogs (2018)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png

Film of the year (so far) for me. Although I still have a lot to check out, so it's not really saying much at this point.

Robocop is an astonishingly brilliant film. So many great scenes, so many quotes "I'm buy that for a dollar!" "Can you fly bobby" "Please put down your weapons you have 20 seconds to comply"

I love the line "programmed for urban pacification"

This all begs the question. What the hell were they thinking doing a remake! The original was perfect......

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles