Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
'All of Us Strangers'
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png

All of Us Strangers should come with a warning on the poster - "Danger: May cause excessive Tears"

That one hit me hard I must say. Incredibly emotional on so many levels. It's not just about the loss of family, friends or oneself, the film impinges on so many more themes, it's hard to list them all. Fear, loneliness, longing, self doubt, honesty, separation, hope, gender, sexuality, societal norms and taboos. The list goes on and on.
But.
Ultimately it's about love and that's all it really needs. Every human being can empathise with that and that's why everyone should see this movie.
Sadly, a lot won't, no doubt put off by some parts of the subject matter, and that's a crying shame because I think Andrew Haigh has made a small, emotionally transcend masterpiece and one of the best British films in a long long time.

Beautifully acted, wonderfully shot, impeccably directed and with a glorious 80s British soundtrack. An incredible experience.
There aren't many films that make me want to go back and immediately rewatch them. High praise and an even higher recommendation.

One of the best films of 2023.