Release date: June 2nd, 2014
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Base.com
Zavvi.com

10941123-1396365945-212125.jpg

Per Second Sight's FB page:
RE-ANIMATOR update… We can confirm we are releasing
on Blu-ray and DVD (Region B/2) on June 2nd. The Blu-ray will be a 2 Disc Limited Edition Steelbook and feature both Unrated and Integral versions.

Bonus Features will include - audio commentary with director Stuart Gordon; audio commentary with producer Brian Yuzna, and actors Jeffrey Combs, Robert Sampson, Barbara Crampton and Bruce Abbott; Re-Animator Resurrectus documentary; interviews with Stuart Gordon and Brian Yuzna, writer Dennis Paoli, composer Richard Band and Fangoria editor Tony Timpone; extended scenes, deleted scene and trailers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had both prints and I think the German Capelight version looks better for me, I prefer the slightly darker print.

The Uk version is a very good print (almost identical except for the increased brightness and a few lines of print damage removed) but of the two I'm glad I bought the German mediabook.

I really only bought the UK version for the steelbook but unfortunately the lack of inside art really detracts from the package, so ended up giving it to my dad, so he's happy.

On the plus side at least I know not to worry about the UK version of bride of re-animator now as I already bought the mediabook of that release from Germany too :thumbs:

After all of this talk about how the Second Sight transfer is better than the Capelight transfer - how sure you are that you're right, and now we can see actual proof that the UK Second Sight transfer is DNR'd crap:

http://caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleiche/multi_comparison.php?art=part&x=457&y=83&action=1&image=1&hd_multiID=753&cap1=39775&cap2=28203&disc1=4274&disc2=3069&lossless=#vergleich

How much did Second Sight pay you for your review? :hilarious:

I have both versions
Do you have both versions
I never use caps-a-holic to judge a video quality as its not as good as physically watching the video and can be misleading to use to judge a difference
Its the Unrated Cut that's has been improved
The Integral' Version is not what I'm talking about

Do you physically have both versions or are you just looking at a website
If you prefer the Capelight transfer that's fine its your choice
If you don't physically have the second sight and the Capelight version how can you say which is your preferred choice
Some personal choices will always differ with different video versions of a film but you cant give that opinion if you don't have both to actually view the video
You need to review a video by watching it as a moving image not a still image

There will always be different reviews of a video and if your happy with your choice that's fine but there will be others who have a different choice and that's fine also

Last edited:
Second Sight Films UK
New online store
https://secondsightfilms.co.uk/
In our Limited Edition section you may find some of our popular but out of print titles available as we’ve cleared the warehouse to bring you the very last of some really great editions that haven’t been available for a while.

Note there looks to be an issue trying to pay with debit/credit cards at checkout
Using PayPal works ok with Credit Cards

Re-Animator Steelbook
ReAnimator_STEELBOOK_3D_hiRes_1024x1024@2x.png

£24.99
https://secondsightfilms.co.uk/coll...roducts/re-animator-limited-edition-steelbook