Release date: June 2nd, 2014
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Base.com
Zavvi.com

10941123-1396365945-212125.jpg

Per Second Sight's FB page:
RE-ANIMATOR update… We can confirm we are releasing
on Blu-ray and DVD (Region B/2) on June 2nd. The Blu-ray will be a 2 Disc Limited Edition Steelbook and feature both Unrated and Integral versions.

Bonus Features will include - audio commentary with director Stuart Gordon; audio commentary with producer Brian Yuzna, and actors Jeffrey Combs, Robert Sampson, Barbara Crampton and Bruce Abbott; Re-Animator Resurrectus documentary; interviews with Stuart Gordon and Brian Yuzna, writer Dennis Paoli, composer Richard Band and Fangoria editor Tony Timpone; extended scenes, deleted scene and trailers.

Last edited by a moderator:
That site tells you its has the UK disc has the new transfer but it does not give you a review but only comparison on disc content
Also that site is known for out of date information and get info wrong a lot
They have not revived it yet
They only have provided Disc content information

Trust me the UK one is way better for picture Quality on both version of the film

yes sure paul, i give up, when you believe something, it can be totally wrong, but nobody can convince you of the truth.

where is the faceplam smiley if i need it.

yes sure paul, i give up, when you believe something, it can be totally wrong, but nobody can convince you of the truth.

where is the faceplam smiley if i need it.

Buy it and see for yourself and then you can make a decision
You will either agree or disagree

But as you don't own the UK one yet you cant make that decision :D

Second Sight have posted on their Facebook saying they have taken the Capelight transfer and done additional work on it.... I'll see if I can find the post

Posted on 28th March by Second Sight -

We've been asked if we are doing any of our own restoration work on RE-ANIMATOR. The answer is yes, with a focus on the vertical lines. To follow is a short before and after example which gives a flavour of the work done. A word from Simon Marbrook, Head of Restoration at Premier who did the work for us:

The vertical scratches are probably the trickiest film artefact to repair and this is generally because the scratches in this case were static over a number frames, restoration is a lot easier if a fault moves around enabling the operator to use other frames to repair the faulty frame. The other problem with these scratches were that the scratches would move just a few pixels after a few frames so any automated tool set would need to incorporate a larger pixel radius for an auto repair, this process would greater enhance the risk of digital artefacts so I took the decision to manually correct the majority of the scratches frame by frame.

I have used MTI correct to remove the vertical scratches , using it’s scratch tool in both its auto mode and where artefacts were created by the auto filter, using its manual settings for more detail. Where the scratch removal was too harsh I then used the DRS system in a frame by frame solution to remove as many scratches as possible without creating digital artefacts.

Posted on 31st March by Second Sight -

Following up on Friday's RE-ANIMATOR post and restoration work. We just wanted to clarify, in case there was any ambiguity in our post, that we have been supplied the material that was restored by TLEFilms Restoration and Preservation Services (as used by Capelight in Germany) as we have previously reported. We have then undertaken additional work on that material as detailed in Friday's post.

They have also posted two videos on their FB page, but I can't work out how to link to them.

I'd believe what they say personally

Agreed. Part of me expected it though I guess - their steelbook of Scanners had no inside art either, yet 'Return of the Living Dead' has inside art AND a collectors book... I was kind of hoping we might have got a similar treatment here... but I guess they spent more of their time/budget on the actual restoration of the prints, rather than the packaging :(

'Return of the Living Dead' is hardly great, it may have inside art, but it also has a printed back and banners and rating logos all over the front :(

'Basket Case' also has no inside art, but at least has a gloss finish.

Reactions: lolwut
I can't help but be disappointed with the steel, like others have already said its a shame that they couldn't have taken a leaf out of Arrow's production book.
Not that I usually care about booklets but it would be handy here to understand more about the restoration and the difference between the two cuts as only those in the know would know, so to speak.

In looking forward to watching it, the wife has scuppered tonight's viewing by not going out so maybe tomorrow while I am 'working from home' :)

'Return of the Living Dead' is hardly great, it may have inside art, but it also has a printed back and banners and rating logos all over the front :(

'Basket Case' also has no inside art, but at least has a gloss finish.

I totally get you, yes the ROTLD has printed rating logos, a printed back and the blu-ray banner... Scanners did not... but it had inside art and a collectors book which I think more than makes up for the short-comings. Scanners was just... there was nothing. Even the steel itself was just so basic.. at least they made a bit more of an effort on ROTLD - AND they included the epic documentary on the disc as well :scat:

UK - Re-Animator

All images can be clicked on for a closer view. They are all high res and can be viewed at full scale.

zEYOsrV.jpg

RAPpyTJ.jpg

5PwRPV2.jpg

wdShw9u.jpg

Below are shots to help show the finishing on the steel.

HDN EXCLUSIVE SHOTS
---------------------------

8r7LGBW.jpg

z1USGL9.jpg

HDN EXCLUSIVE FINISHING SHOT
Extremely close up shot to help show you the paint job

uhxWxzX.jpg

I totally get you, yes the ROTLD has printed rating logos, a printed back and the blu-ray banner... Scanners did not... but it had inside art and a collectors book which I think more than makes up for the short-comings. Scanners was just... there was nothing. Even the steel itself was just so basic.. at least they made a bit more of an effort on ROTLD - AND they included the epic documentary on the disc as well :scat:

Well I obtained a copy of Scanners for only £8, I didn't feel ripped off at that price. But even at £16 for this with the discount code (was active several months back), it doesn't seem worth it IMO.

This steelbook is just awful looking. These artist renditions of the artwork look cheap. They have plagued a lot of horror re-releases. It really needs to be stopped.

Reactions: vivaperu348
Second Sight confirmed on Facebook that there are no problems with stock and therefore don't know why zavvi aren't releasing this til Monday. Still awaiting zavvi to respond.

Second Sight confirmed on Facebook that there are no problems with stock and therefore don't know why zavvi aren't releasing this til Monday. Still awaiting zavvi to respond.

This happened a few times with Zavvi in regards to Second Site Pre-Orders

Reason could be a few things and mistakes made by either side or its a Payment issue between Second Sight and Zavvi that causes delay

Its not the First time this has happened

But with the Price difference between Zavvi and AmazonUK if price is important then best to wait as Amazonuk is expensive for this at the moment

Last edited:
Reactions: 8bitheart