Release date: June 2nd, 2014
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Base.com
Zavvi.com

10941123-1396365945-212125.jpg

Per Second Sight's FB page:
RE-ANIMATOR update… We can confirm we are releasing
on Blu-ray and DVD (Region B/2) on June 2nd. The Blu-ray will be a 2 Disc Limited Edition Steelbook and feature both Unrated and Integral versions.

Bonus Features will include - audio commentary with director Stuart Gordon; audio commentary with producer Brian Yuzna, and actors Jeffrey Combs, Robert Sampson, Barbara Crampton and Bruce Abbott; Re-Animator Resurrectus documentary; interviews with Stuart Gordon and Brian Yuzna, writer Dennis Paoli, composer Richard Band and Fangoria editor Tony Timpone; extended scenes, deleted scene and trailers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured it sounded a bit 'confrontational' so I removed it. I think it's a valid point though. Arrow and Eureka value content but still release great looking Steelbooks. I don't see why Second Sight can't be the same.

*cough* Zavvi? Are you there? Has anyone yet had any despatch confirmation from Zavvi? It still says pre-order on their site as well...

If it wasn't for the fact Amazon want over £20 for it, i'd cancel and get it from them - least they can get it to me for tomorrow...

Zavvi for some strange reason have this as Release Date: 09 June 2014

Explains why I did not get a dispatch notice

Must have had problems getting delivery from Second Sight not the first time this has happened as it was the same with Creepshow Blu-ray last year

*cough* Zavvi? Are you there? Has anyone yet had any despatch confirmation from Zavvi? It still says pre-order on their site as well...

If it wasn't for the fact Amazon want over £20 for it, i'd cancel and get it from them - least they can get it to me for tomorrow...

I won't pre-order second sight releases from Zavvi, they never seem to get them for release date and I end up cancelling and going elsewhere .

At least I managed to get this one for £16.51 from Amazon.

OK, the outside of the still isn't 'too' bad - but it's begging for some inside art. If it wasn't for the fact I am terrified of damaging my steel trying to do it, I would.

Its a pity they did not do a booklet with this it would have made up for no inside artwork

With these type of Films Inside Artwork and a Booklet would had been better

I would have preferred if this was a Arrow Video release instead of Second Sight as we would have gotten a better Steelbook it had been

I still want this even though it don't have inside artwork as its the Discs content that interest me
I might also pick up the German Steelbook next Month if my Funds are ok

Reactions: 8bitheart
Oh good god, that's hideous and not in a good way.
The majority of steelbooks today have come a long way, how has this been produced to such a low quality so far into the game...?

thanks for the warning pictures. cancelled.
i'm happy with my capelight mediabook... ;)

The Video Quality is way better than the German Release
It also has both Unrated and Integral versions in HD which is big improvement over the German Release

First important part for me with any release is Picture Quality and extras

In Terms of Video Quality this blows away the German Release
In Terms of Steelbook Artwork and finish the German one wins

So its best to get both in my opinion as Second Sight Blu-ray is only available as a Steelbook

Last edited:
The Video Quality is way better than the German Release
It also has both Unrated and Integral versions in HD which is big improvement over the German Release

First important part for me with any release is Picture Quality and extras

In Terms of Video Quality this blows away the German Release
In Terms of Steelbook Artwork and finish the German one wins

So its best to get both in my opinion as Second Sight Blu-ray is only available as a Steelbook

my capelight mediabook also has both the unrated and the integral cut on blu-ray in a new 4k transfer, it's a 3-disc edition.

i don't think the uk version can be any better in terms of picture quality and extras.

my capelight mediabook also has both the unrated and the integral cut on blu-ray in a new 4k transfer, it's a 3-disc edition.

i don't think the uk version can be any better in terms of picture quality and extras.

The reviews and picture caps show it way better
Look it up yourself you will see

it's brighter, and some lines have been removed from the beginning in a digital way, but it's not better looking to me. two 4k scans put on a 1080p blu-ray disc will not differ so much from each other in quality.
if you can show me a picture comparison where i can see a better image on the uk discs, then i will believe you. but i did not find any.

edit:

capelight german mediabook:

unrated: 22 Mbps
integral: 29 Mbps

second sight UK:

"Unrated": 22.42 Mbps

"Integral": 18.49 Mbps

+ while the german release has 24-bit sound, the uk one has only 16-bit resolution sound.
only 25GB disc used for integral cut...

Last edited:
The UK transfer of the Directors cut has been given a new transfer with additional work over the Capelight one

Interesting - I might just go ahead and pick this up. For it's sins, I actually quite like the look of this steelbook - shame about lack of inner art, even a bright luminous green colour would have been 'something' and quite cute for this release...

Same transfer as the Capelight release on the UK release, according to:

http://dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=20904

Capelight release wins in their comparison, and the site is usually spot on (IMHO anyway)!!

That site tells you the UK disc has the new transfer but it does not give you a review but only comparison on disc content
Also that site is known for out of date information and get info wrong a lot
They have not revived it yet
They only have provided Disc content information

Trust me the UK one is way better for picture Quality on both version of the film

Last edited: