Release date: August 6, 2018
Purchase links: Zavvi - HMV - Amazon
Price: £24.99

11738215-2034572460663536.jpg

11738215-8024572460552368.jpg
11738215-5904572460419234.jpg
11738215-2944572460497357.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be honest, since the HMV artwork was released with the usual artwork placeholder, I was hoping for it to change, because I don't think the design is that good (to plain) to supplement the awesome visual style of what the film was. I am glad I cancelled it, and shelled out for the double lenti Manta Lab which blows any design for this film out of the water.

Forgot I ordered this. It's alright but nothing more. The lines on the front, even around the title, and the keys on the back look and feel like they are spot glossed but in all honesty it doesn't' really add much. Spot glossing the full title would have elevated this.

The strangest thing about the release is that even though the front and back are matte, the top, bottom and right side are completely glossed!

IMG_5801.jpg IMG_5804.jpg IMG_5802.jpg IMG_5800.jpg IMG_5799.jpg

Forgot I ordered this. It's alright but nothing more. The lines on the front, even around the title, and the keys on the back look and feel like they are spot glossed but in all honesty it doesn't' really add much. Spot glossing the full title would have elevated this.

The strangest thing about the release is that even though the front and back are matte, the top, bottom and right side are completely glossed!

View attachment 386875View attachment 386877 View attachment 386878View attachment 386879 View attachment 386880

Could you please check on disc menu whether italian track is present or not (on both 2D and 3D discs)?
Don't read the jcard, play the discs.

Thank you

View attachment 386875View attachment 386877 View attachment 386878View attachment 386879 View attachment 386880
I would also like to know if there is Italian audio on both discs.Thanks

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Weird, was going to buy this but then HMV tweeted this with a whopping bloody 3D on the cover, clumsily stuffed next to the word 'ONE', so am now confused.

FYI it doesn't come with the 3D stuffed on the front. I agree with @StifflersDad that it's not much of an improvement without :naughty:
Yeah, I popped to HMV and price aside (bloody everything steels wise is now way over £20 with HMV, the Pacific Rim one last week was an eye watering £29.99), it didn't have a 3D where that image is so HMV probably need to stop tweeting old or incorrect imagery. I've not seen the film so was unsure how well this summed the movie up - having seem the Manta one, I'll pass on the HMV for sure - I don't mind paying premium for better steels - HMV's recent ones are not that.

So called premium steels are just a way to charge a lot of money for a lenticular cover and some cards. I don't love it, but I don't hate it. I'm on the fence. I like the way it's meant to represent old 80's arcade games. It's got that retro look. Certainly beats the usual "montage group pic shot" that the premiums use these days... that certainly is getting tiresome now.
Some people will like it, some won't. We all have individual likes/dislikes. Sometimes it's good to break free and go for something completely different. I saw the film on 3d IMAX and was blown away by the visuals. 3d version is a must buy. Went with no expectations and loved it.

Reactions: karl01

I notice that happens quite a lot, matte front and back and glossy edges. I’ve no idea why they do it, it’s even more depressing seeing how dull the front looks compared to the edges! Lol.
I also notice some of these super glossy Steels have edges that are more of a satin/ matte type finish. I’m not sure why this happens?