Rumors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, sources are saying that a remake of "Back To The Future" staring Justin Bieber could very much be a possibility.

Justin Bieber is one of those celebrities that you either love or loathe. While most people old enough to drive seem to find the You Tube star turned pop singer Bieber to be annoying, his huge base of younger fans has made him a star.

Which might be why his newest rumored project might be taking on the Michael J. Fox role in a new reboot of the "Back To The Future" movie franchise.

Several British tabloids are reporting that Bieber is being considered for the starring role in the remake, assuming that "he is capable of acting at that level." When Fox took on the original role, he had a hit TV series ("Family Ties") and several hit movies under his belt.

Bieber is younger than Fox was when he starred in the first "Future" movie, and if took the role it would be written to reflect his younger age. "The most important part of the film is the time travel aspects," said one unnamed film executive. "In fact, some of the plot works better with a younger character."

The biggest problem with the idea might be that the three "Future" films are well-made and fondly remembered by audiences. Even if the remake does make it to the screen, odds are that it will face the same box-office fate as the recent remake of "The Karate Kid."

Idiots, although I didnt see the movie and doubt it was as good as the original, the Karate Kid remake cleaned up at the box offices.

===== QUOTE Wreck ====

Idiots, although I didnt see the movie and doubt it was as good as the original, the Karate Kid remake cleaned up at the box offices.

===== /QUOTE ====

Yeah... I thought the same thing... And I REALLY liked the remake of Karate Kid.

According to new sources, it didn't do bad and exceeded expectations that they are already preparing for a second one.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I don't have the hatred that most everyone else on the planet above the age of puberty has for Bieber. I think the kid's simply having fun, and he's not in the tabloids for snorting coke off Lohan's ass, so I don't see the problem.

That said, this makes me ill.

I don't have the hatred that most everyone else on the planet above the age of puberty has for Bieber. I think the kid's simply having fun, and he's not in the tabloids for snorting coke off Lohan's ass, so I don't see the problem.

That said, this makes me ill.

That's the thing. If Justin stuck to music he'd be fine in his one little world... But much like 50 Cent he over estimates his talents, and people want to cash in on his fame so they get jobs that they should have NEVER been given in movies.

This is one of my favorite trilogies so if they remake it I will find out who is involved in the movie and hunt them down. Worst idea i have ever heard especially with justin bieber. I hate that moron

Some of these tv executives need to get slapped in the face! :) They need to start working on original ideas instead of trying to remake every movie out there.

Some of these tv executives need to get slapped in the face! :) They need to start working on original ideas instead of trying to remake every movie out there.

But it's cheaper to remake movies because they already own the movie rights... And people run out to see it.

It's the same BS with 3D movies. They pay a little extra to convert them to 3D (instead of shot in 3D) and people run out to see it, then wonder why it doesn't look good.

Alright... last I heard Justin Bieber denied this rumor... We'll see..

though he DID say he'd like to remake "Grease" with him and Miley Cyrus... barf!

HBO’s hit TV series True Blood recently concluded its 3rd season and now its makers have something else in mind, besides a 4th season chock-full of freaky violence and naked vampires – a full-length movie.

Work has begun on the task of bringing True Blood to the big screen, which would likely not happen until after at least another season of the show has aired. Series creator Alan Ball is reportedly eying the film adaptation as a potential directing vehicle for himself.

True Blood is well known for its edgy tone and adults-only content – a quality that the show’s cover for a recent edition of Rolling Stone magazine not-so-subtly alluded to. Cable television series are not subject to the rating regulations that govern public access shows and have developed a reputation for (at times) going out of their way to include explicit and graphic material – shows like True Blood or Spartacus: Blood & Sand have both very much earned that rep.

Most HBO shows have high production standards and are virtually cinematic in terms of their design and structure – this week’s new series, Boardwalk Empire being a prime example. True Blood is very much a professional production overall and it features numerous in-demand talents both in front and behind the camera. Does the franchise stand to gain anything by making the jump to film (from an artistic perspective and not a financial one, that is)?

A True Blood movie would likely focus more on the show’s main characters – especially that of Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) and her vampiric lover Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer) – and include fewer subplots and supporting players than that of an average 13 episode season. Fans will surely be divided over whether or not that would be a good thing.

Alan Ball is only credited for directing two episodes of True Blood – both from season one – and his sole feature-length film directorial effort was the moderately-received 2007 pic, Towelhead. The Oscar-winning screenwriter of American Beauty is still arguably the ideal candidate for creating a True Blood movie that feels like more than just an entire season of the show that has been edited down to a running time of two to three hours (a la the Sex & the City movies).

Link

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!

I've not started the show yet, but I LOVE Alan Ball. I'm waiting on season 3 to start so I can have a nice back-log to get into.

I can't watch shows season by season. It drives me nuts.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=72019

Jeffrey Donovan is set to direct the upcoming "Burn Notice" movie starring Bruce Campbell. Shooting will begin in January on location in Bogota, Colombia. The two-hour movie will air on USA Network in Spring 2011.

The prequel, set in late 2005, begins after a faction of Colombian rebels makes trouble for the locally stationed military platoon, with Lieutenant Commander Sam Axe (Campbell) being sent down to advise. As the mission unfolds, Sam begins to uncover the dark secrets of the area, learning the truth about sacrifice, deception, and ultimately what’s worth fighting for.

"Burn Notice" creator Matt Nix will write and executive produce. Donovan and Campbell will also serve as executive producers on the Fox Television Studios project alongside Mikkel Bondesen ("Burn Notice").

Read more: Bruce Campbell to Star in Burn Notice Prequel - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=72019#ixzz16rkQK7u5

Status
Not open for further replies.