Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 9th, 2015
Purchase link: Saving Mr. Banks (live)
Price: £14.99

11164120-1314321549477641.jpg

11164120-1534321549416984.jpg

Last edited:
Just had this delivered. Aside from the dent and printing issue running down the front it might just be the worst steelbook I now own considering the card yet again masks the title! Considering it's the most minimal steelbook going you'd think they would take this into consideration when cutting the card. The original smaller sized ones as with WFRR would have been best.

Just had this delivered. Aside from the dent and printing issue running down the front it might just be the worst steelbook I now own considering the card yet again masks the title! Considering it's the most minimal steelbook going you'd think they would take this into consideration when cutting the card. The original smaller sized ones as with WFRR would have been best.

You could remove the card if you want to display it otherwise what difference does it make? Unless you keep them sealed of course , just send it back, I think it's a grand design and a terrific movie.

thank you for photos @ETSC they look great...
I knew that negative space is really important for arts but I think this one they left a little bit too much negative spaces but overall I think this is really really nice looking steelbook, especially that debossed title was a nice touch...

Last edited:
Reactions: ETSC
Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a parallel universe when I look at this site, 'cos in my world this steelbook looks like a piece of f'ing garbage that no one would touch with a bargepole. I envy you guys over in Earth 2 with your top quality Mr Banks steel as just one example of the ongoing brilliance of your version of Zavvi, where every release has world class art work at affordable prices, and noone has even heard of a ZBox....

Looks like a classy steelbook!

That looks really nice - looking forward to it arriving

Mine came today also. Actually really like it, the simple debossed title gives a classy touch to the front. Yet to see the film so hope to get some time to soon.

Haven't seen the film but will soon and what a lovely looking Steelbook with a well acclaimed movie inside for £8.44. Top marks for Zavvi and Disney. :thumbs:

You could remove the card if you want to display it otherwise what difference does it make? Unless you keep them sealed of course , just send it back, I think it's a grand design and a terrific movie.

I ordered this with 2 for 25 EUR and I'm really glad I did seeing the shots by @ETSC , thank you by the way :thumbs:

Theres no parallel universe, just different taste on this planet. The debossed red title looks very classy in my opinion and I like the shadow idea.
There should be much more Steelbooks with debossed titles!
I didn't watched the movie till now and wanted to pick up the Keep Case anyway so this was a bargain :)

Reactions: ETSC
Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a parallel universe when I look at this site, 'cos in my world this steelbook looks like a piece of f'ing garbage that no one would touch with a bargepole. I envy you guys over in Earth 2 with your top quality Mr Banks steel as just one example of the ongoing brilliance of your version of Zavvi, where every release has world class art work at affordable prices, and noone has even heard of a ZBox....
Erm ever heard of people having different opinions and tastes?

I don't envy you guys on earth 1 where everybody thinks every release is a piece of garbage because a steelbook has the wrong shade of black on it ,or something stupid.

Reactions: D4vem88
From the in-hand pics it actually looks a bit of alright no doubt helped along by the embossed title (my eyes playing tricks on me again ?) in that vibrant shade of red matching the spine and with the shiny metallic shadows.
Looked very unpromising to me in the mock-up but now glad to have included it as one of the eight in the recent offer :) but not yet dispatched - probably for that very reason . . . lol.
So glad it's not a white steelbook as those shadows appear to contrast well with the dull grey of the background.

EDIT: Looking at the inside view I can now see that the title is indeed de-bossed.

Last edited:
From the in-hand pics it actually looks a bit of alright no doubt helped along by the embossed title (my eyes playing tricks on me again ?) in that vibrant shade of red matching the spine and with the shiny metallic shadows.
Looked very unpromising to me in the mock-up but now glad to have included it as one of the eight in the recent offer :) but not yet dispatched - probably for that very reason . . . lol.
So glad it's not a white steelbook as those shadows appear to contrast well with the dull grey of the background.

The title is debossed.

Just my opinion but I'm really not a fan it seems like I'm one of the only ones

I think it's a massively wasted opertunity.
The debossed title looks good to me and that's about all. The colour of the actual steel isn't too bad but it's just so boring to look at.
Shame really considering muppets and hitchhikers actually turned out really nice when I thought they wouldn't.
I've sent mine back anyway

Oh and the silhouette of poppins and mickey look good but only in the shade and not in direct light (too silvery and bare metal in the light)

The title is debossed.

Just my opinion but I'm really not a fan it seems like I'm one of the only ones

I think it's a massively wasted opertunity.
The debossed title looks good to me and that's about all. The colour of the actual steel isn't too bad but it's just so boring to look at.
Shame really considering muppets and hitchhikers actually turned out really nice when I thought they wouldn't.
I've sent mine back anyway

Oh and the silhouette of poppins and mickey look good but only in the shade and not in direct light (too silvery and bare metal in the light)

@Flloydo - Where were you when I was having a (semi-serious) rant earlier on the page??? So no you're definitely not the only one that didn't like this. We do seem to be in the minority though...

Reactions: Flloydo
@Flloydo - Where were you when I was having a (semi-serious) rant earlier on the page??? So no you're definitely not the only one that didn't like this. We do seem to be in the minority though...

Sorry mate, completely missed it.
Yeah it a shocker and it surprises me that it got a lot of love
(Must just be because me and you have taste lol - incoming grief from everyone else)

Was dissapointed especially after the look of hitchhikers and muppets

Great film though

@Smelly_Pickle i think you will be fine in waiting for a decent price drop. I will get hitchhikers when it's £6.99 or something

Reactions: ChrisIW
Sorry mate, completely missed it.
Yeah it a shocker and it surprises me that it got a lot of love
(Must just be because me and you have taste lol - incoming grief from everyone else)

Was dissapointed especially after the look of hitchhikers and muppets

Great film though

@Smelly_Pickle i think you will be fine in waiting for a decent price drop. I will get hitchhikers when it's £6.99 or something

Got Hitchhiker for £9 and it's wonderful, love Marvin on the front.

Got Hitchhiker for £9 and it's wonderful, love Marvin on the front.

Yeah I gave the design a bit of grief before it was released and then I see pics and I kind of wish I got it in that deal but I have no fear it will be that price or lower next year

Reactions: Flash
Yeah I gave the design a bit of grief before it was released and then I see pics and I kind of wish I got it in that deal but I have no fear it will be that price or lower next year

I love all versions of Hitchhiker and this newer film is equally awesome

i got my copy today, i must say i'm very disappointed on this one but at least did not pay premium for it...i hope the movie is cool since i bough it on just reviews....