Scream (1-4) (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Germany]

May 30, 2014
Release date: October 27, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon DE - Saturn
Price: €30.98 (Amazon) - €30.99 (Saturn)

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Olymphat
I still remember the VHS (remember those kids?) and that version was uncut. So watching the US Blu was extremely disappointing to say the least. It was like watching The Exorcist on TV: All the good parts were cut out.(Fans will get that) ;)

all 3 movies are uncut.

Uncut for the German market YES, but not the true uncut version for the first movie ;)

See here DVD Compare - http://dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=201

General info about the Director's Cut:
The "Director's Cut" is 6 seconds longer then the "R-Rated Theatrical" version. It includes additional gore which Wes Craven had to cut out to achieve an R-Rating in the US. The scenes missing from the "R-Rated Theatrical" version are: (SPOILERS!)
- The close-up of Steve's intestines as they fall from his stomach.
- The camera speeding towards Casey as she hangs from the tree. In the uncut version, the camera goes towards her at normal speed, but the cut version is time compressed to give a rushed look. This is definitely the cut version as the camera rushes in in a very jerky and fast manner.
- Tatum's head being crushed by the garage door. From what I can see this is in the movie as I can see her head crush, but perhaps more is seen in the uncut version.
- Kenny looking up at the killer after his throat is cut.
- Billy going berserk as he stabs Stuart.
- After Billy and Stuart stab each other, the uncut version shows a shot of Stuart's hand dripping blood into a puddle.

This version hasn't been released on BD.....yet

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Hooltra
Nice and simplistic at least it aint got a printed back full of German text.
Mine has shipped and fairly pleased with that but the embossed mask would of made it a proper little gem.

I'm sorry, but this is p1ss poor.

Front is OK but back is just lazy. Should have been gloss too like the Zavvi steelbook of the first film.

Not sure why Barrymore makes the inside art. She's only in the first movie for like 5 mins........

Love the front art. Looks like a decent release overall, but would've been a real stunner with spot gloss and debossed eyes, nose, and mouth.

Yet another release that's simplistic design would have looked high end in gloss but instead looks cheap as it's Matt. Very dissapointing.