10934397-1397756244-831911.jpg

10934397-1397756244-832015.jpg

10934397-1397756244-831787.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:
Same here - I wanted to inspect this monstrosity in the flesh before I decided what to do with it - not even sure i'll be able to sell it at cost TBH - might just take it down to CEX or something - still sealed!

Same here - I wanted to inspect this monstrosity in the flesh before I decided what to do with it - not even sure i'll be able to sell it at cost TBH - might just take it down to CEX or something - still sealed!

I think you can send it back to them but you'll have to cover the postage costs.

Yeah you have to cover postage if you send it back which is fair enough.

Mine always arrive Friday/Saturday so a no show last week means its most likely gone missing in the post as they have no replacement stock I will get a full refund processed but have to wait another week as its 14 days minimum for lost post.

Surprise surprise mine turned up this morning after a week.......and its a keeper :thumbs:

Semi glossy finish, decent colours on the cover, immaculate finish, no dents, scratches, marks. One of the better finished steelbooks from zavvi in quite some time. Still not sure its worth £17.99 though but at least its a high quality looking steel although pictures do not show up all its qualities very well.

Surprise surprise mine turned up this morning after a week.......and its a keeper :thumbs:

Semi glossy finish, decent colours on the cover, immaculate finish, no dents, scratches, marks. One of the better finished steelbooks from zavvi in quite some time. Still not sure its worth £17.99 though but at least its a high quality looking steel although pictures do not show up all its qualities very well.
Personally, to me (and I'll probably get crucified for this) it reminds me of HMV's DRIVE. I think it's the red/pinkish colour of the main title on the black background. I don't know how Drive can be so liked and this hated so much as they are quite similar (finish wise) In fact this is probably a bit superior as at least it has some inside art. Definitely not as bad as some are making out.

I personally think that Lionsgate are by far the worst when it comes to Steelbooks. Most of their efforts are embarrassing or if not, very lacklustre. The gloss is good but when is it not? But the metal feels almost like plastic in hand. There's a fair bit of backlash for Studio Canal, but their releases at least don't have a cheapish feel and the j-cards are nice ;). The front of this looks all washed out and low res, I don't mind so much if it's the back art but the front is the most important to me so I find it hard to think of any positives of this besides the gloss finish.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Good pics thats just how mine looks :thumbs:

I have to say though its a Region B locked 2011 HD transfer exact same one used in the Region B Scream 1-3 boxed set all the video files are dated March 2011 :grumpy:
Looks horrible video wise very washed out/dated/damaged in places. Seems like its a mid 2000's HD transfer to me or upscaled 1080i certainly not a decent or new HD transfer so your only buying for the steelbook case not the actual movie it needed a newer more vibrant transfer not a 3 year old 1:1 rehash :rolleyes:

Reactions: levi
Anybody else still waiting on theirs to arrive? Mine was despatched on July 23rd (8 days ago) and still no sign today. Which is unusual because my Zavvi orders always come inside 5 days or so.