Shipping steelbooks from the US to Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 2, 2013
Sydney, AU
Hi guys, firstly feel free to move this if needs be, I just wanted it to be seen so I could get some help.

I have a friend in the US preparing to mail 6 steelbooks plus a digibook to me here in Aus. I was wondering if I could get some advise about shipping methods before she sends them on their way. I've never been part of a US GB so I'm not familiar with packaging guidelines, all I have to go off are Amazon purchases which are, of course very different. My experience when dealing with certain Countries is that it's sometimes better to split items into smaller packages than to put everything in one box, others it's far more financially advantageous to keep it all in one package. What would be the general rule of steelbooks per box before heading into the next shipping bracket? Would 2 packages be better than 1? Thanks, any help much appreciated!

I'd say use two boxes. 3 SBs in the one, and 3 SBs + 1Digi in the other. You can send these as "one" shipment, with 2 separate tracking numbers. I don't know how Oz is on customs, but you'll have to have your friend specify the content and the "value" of the content, as well.

In all honesty, i would never send an international package that isn't tracked, so i'd say tell him / her to go with the least expensive but internationally tracked method. This way you are insured, and you have some peace of mind as your package travels across the globe.

Agreed-never send untracked-especially for high-dollar items, because you will probably be on the losing end if Paypal cases, etc are opened against you, if you can't prove you sent anything. There are also a number of other help threads in the Steelbook Trading forum, stickied at the top. Just a few tips to help protect yourself...

You're welcome. ;)

I remember what it was like to import stuff to The Netherlands. Then i moved to the US, and now i'm importing stuff to the US. It's always a hassle, no matter where you live. However, as long as your mail is registered, tracked, insured, etc...you'll be just fine. It may cost a bit more, but it's definitely worth it.

Thanks everyone, much appreciated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.